Best Shoulder Rig .... ?

This is a discussion on Best Shoulder Rig .... ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We Have two. $84.95 To $159.95 Holsters and mags are interchangble Under Taker Under Armor Justin...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Best Shoulder Rig .... ?

We Have two. $84.95 To $159.95 Holsters and mags are interchangble

Under Taker

Under Armor

Justin
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

2. Remove Ads

I have experience with only the Miami Classic and it has been very good for me. I have one for my 1911 and one for my Beretta 92. Not having worn others, I can only comment on the Galco. It is a very good rig and very comfortable (I like the narrow shoulder straps better then the wide straps).

This is a Bucheimer-Clark I picked up on Ebay. It works real nice.

Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

I too like the Miami Classic, in black. I don't use it much in the warm weather, but when it's cooler, and I can wear a coat, it's OK.

It also frees up some space on the belt. I don't like pointing the barrel at people in the horizontal carry holster though.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have a High Noon Underarmor, great rig for the price.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I have a Galco MCII for a Sig P229, not quite as heavy as an M9, but close. The wide straps work well to support the weight. My only concern for you carrying the M9 would be is the barrel muzzle going to print from the rear on your jacket. I'm a big guy and I think the 4" Bbl on the Sig is as much as I could hide. Horizontal carry might be difficult with the M9's longer Bbl.

If I were going to get another it would be the Andrews, hard to beat that one for quality and comfort.

I don't use my MCII very often, but for driving on long trips it's hard to beat.

I bought a replacement strap for my Bianchi X15 holster that was made for me for about $40.00 & it did away with the elastic strap that came with the holster. and this replacement strap is fantastic. If anyone is interested in getting one? Contact member Arisin Wind here on the forum. You can also look up his post from July 14 th 2010 subject" New Life for Shoulder Holsters." and see his work etc. I totally satisfied on my purchase from him.

good information ill be checking that one out

Galco miami classic

Galco Miami Classic II and get the belt loops tie downs IMO.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Galco Miami Classic II and get the belt loops tie downs IMO.
    Good to know, I didn't even know they had tie-downs. Mine moves from time to time if I bend over too far and its annoying.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    There's a couple of holsters on here I might have to try out. Mine is a Galco Miami Classic (it might be Classic II, but I'm not sure). As much as I want to like this holster, I just can't stand to wear it. I'll be the first to admit that it could be may fault because I might not have it adjusted properly but for me, the thing always seems to find a way to ride up my back and rest on the back of my neck. I wear it with a G23, which isn't a heavy gun, but it feels heavy to me and I attribute this to the thin straps. I think I'd rather have wider straps that will distribute the weight.

When the gun is not on my person, I keep it in the Galco. My other holster is a Crossbreed w/horsehide backing. If you know the one I'm talking about, you know how easily the gun slides out of it, making it a poor choice for loose carry. By loose carry, I mean packing your gun around when its not holstered on your person.

Due to my negligence, I've lost some of the hardware that you need to keep this holster (Galco) properly adjusted. They tell you with the instructions that you need to periodically tighten up the screws and I did this often and in spite of my efforts, I still found a way to loose my hardware, etc. The Miami Classic is perhaps too high maintenance for me. I just don't think we're a good fit - no pun intended.

ebay has used ones a good price

Quote Originally Posted by REDTAIL View Post
    I bought a replacement strap for my Bianchi X15 holster that was made for me for about $40.00 & it did away with the elastic strap that came with the holster. and this replacement strap is fantastic. If anyone is interested in getting one? Contact member Arisin Wind here on the forum. You can also look up his post from July 14 th 2010 subject" New Life for Shoulder Holsters." and see his work etc. I totally satisfied on my purchase from him.
    I'm glad that strap worked out for you. I makes vertical holsters so much more comfortable.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

Arisin E mail me. As I have someone who is interested in buying a replacement harness from you as well.? thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links