Defensive Carry banner

Best Shoulder Rig .... ?

7K views 44 replies 28 participants last post by  REDTAIL 
#1 ·
Hello All -

Retired military carrying once again.

Baretta 92FS / M9 and Walther PPK/S

Looking for high quaility / comfy Rig

Shoulder Rig and Fanny Pack ( Both Guns ).

Thanks in advance :smile:

#7 ·
Pull through snap in the trigger guard. Just grab the gun & you're good to go. It's quite safe since it's impossible for the firearm to be inserted into the holster far enough for the trigger to contact the snap.
Re-holstering is a tiny bit of a pain in the ass until you get used to it. But, how many times during an average carry day do you re-holster? Hopefully not many. :biggrin2:

#11 ·
I have the Alessi. Love it. Fits very comfortably, has some adjustment for your shoulder width and holds a spare mag on the opposite side. This is my set up when wearing my tux. I wouldn't run a marathon in it but it's pretty snug and I can play a 2 hour violin gig wearing it.

Jim

#13 ·
The shoulder holster I've actually worn most is the Bianchi X-15 model No. 12361, used with both a 4-inch Smith & Wesson K-Frame and for a Colt full-sized 1911. It is effective beneath suit coats in an office environment and I've begun employing it again occasionally in recent years. This holster is over 30 years old. The elastic in the secondary extension strap is still serviceable and hasn't deteriorated with age. Both the 4-inch Smith & Wesson K-Frame and the Colt 1911 are perfectly retained by this holster and draw is smooth. The holster is comfortable to live in for hours on end when using handguns of this size. I have also used this holster in wintertime beneath hunting coats and also when using chest waders and it keeps a handgun protected from the elements and available.

I have other shoulder holsters for a 6-inch Colt Python and for a 2-inch J-Frame Smith & Wesson. Neither of these are often used. The Python is a chore for all day carry and the holster is bulky enough to make the suit coat appear misshapen. I'm just not going to carry a 2-inch J-Frame in a shoulder holster when I can fit a 4-inch K-Frame in the same spot.

Reactions: gunthorp
#18 ·
I've used a Bianchi X15 Medium since 1974 with 1911's, SAA's, and even a 500. My go-to for lightweight stuff is the Miami Classic II, no tie downs necessary. Re-holstering a Glock into a pull through would give me pause.

#19 ·
High Noon Undertaker. I have a couple and really like them. Good value too.

#21 ·
Safariland vertical model is a great holster. I have three different models of it....I have a cheap nylon vertical holster I got off ebay and it does good also....I like vertical shoulder holsters over horizontal ones...

#22 ·
Thank you so much everyone! The Galco II seems like an inexpensive Rig that will do the job. I'd like to splurge and buy Sam Andrew's Monarch Rig, but I think it's quite expensive. But you get what you pat for. Galco seem middle of the road. I sure hope it's comy with my heavy Barette M9.

Thanks again everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.