Kangaroo bellyband-shoulder holster? Good idea or not?

This is a discussion on Kangaroo bellyband-shoulder holster? Good idea or not? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm a barber and our uniform is a tucked white shirt. I'm looking for a good way to carry my SIG P225. The kangaroo holster ...

Thread: Kangaroo bellyband-shoulder holster? Good idea or not?

I'm a barber and our uniform is a tucked white shirt. I'm looking for a good way to carry my SIG P225. The kangaroo holster looked like it might work. But I was looking for some people with personal experiance and nothing to gain from sharing.
    Last edited by SIGBarber; May 30th, 2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Miss written

My wife likes hers - she uses it to carry a LCP. I literally just mailed mine back today for a refund. I bought the "Air Marshall" version to try, but it was uncomfortable to me.

For deep concealment, I much prefer the Smartcarry - or pocket carry.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Thanks.

I like them, but holsters are personal choices. I think they have a 30 guarantee, give it a try. I do think it's more suited for lighter weight guns.

I just tried one and liked it very much, but due to rotator cuff issues I could not get a good master grip to draw the pistol. I tried every method of adjustment but just could not make it work. Austin, who owns the company is a great guy and will work with you to help you make it work if there is any way he can make it work for you. When we finally realized it would not work for my situation, he gave me a complete refund, including the shipping. His customer service is first rate. You should try it if you think it might work for you. Absolutely nothing to lose but a little time and it is a good piece of gear if it works for you.
    Last edited by G26Raven; May 30th, 2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Typos

Thanks again. Great advice. Does the weight rest more on the band or the shoulder strap?

this is my belly band with my g26/g23 and pepper spray, gerber650 folder, extra mag... light should be here tomarrow

100_1838.jpg

this is the only way I carry, it holds everything and keeps my pockets free from flopping and lumps.
    it works great with shorts and a tee or a dress shirt and slacks

I have a Sig P6 (euro version of the 225) and when I carry it it rides in a Minotaur M-TAC. I have to wear business casual so I can sympathize with the whole tucked in shitr thingy...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I carry my Smith model 19 .357 2.5" in a Kangaaroo carry Air Marshall. My gun weighs 32 Oz. but rides very comfortabley under my arm. I can wear dress shirts tucked in and you cannot tell I am carrying. Some guys have said they don't like the Kangaroo holsters because they remind them of a bra. All I can say is that I wear mine 12-14 hours a day and I am very pleased with the holster. It's great while driving. Just my 2 cents.
    Retired Private Detective
    S&W Model 19 2.5" .357

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

They are very comfortable to wear, but have one glaring flaw, the velcro strap that retains the gun. It can make it difficult to get the gun out quickly, but if you don't use the strap, the gun will fall out when you bend over (it is considered rude to ask how I know this).
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I'll add another vote for the Smart Carry. I work in an office where the generally accepted dress code includes a tucked-in shirt as well. In the winter, I can get away with sweaters and sweater-like shirts so I can use an IWB holster without issue.

Last year, during the summer months I pocket carried as my main summer carry is a S&W 642 j-frame. However, as of late, I've been using my pockets for other ther things so I've been doing that less. Also, I occasionally like to carry my Glock 26 and that one really pushes the limits of pocket carry.

The Smart carry is totally comfortable with the 642 and only slightly less so with the Glock 26. I have also carried my H&K P7, which is pretty close in size to your Sig, so I'd say it is definitely do-able. It does help to have pants with a little "crotch room" though. It's easier for me with 'business casual" type pants (like Dockers) than jeans, though 'relaxed fit' jeans work just fine.

I was quite suprised at how quickly I can draw from this holster as well. Just pull the belt out with the weak hand and draw with the strong. One handed draws are also do-able, but not as quickly.

I'm also interested in hearing more experiences with bellyband type holsters like the Kangaroo carry.

I'm a Kangaroo Carry user when my dress attire is more business like. Sky Marshal with a Glock 19. The weight of the gun is mainly carried by the body strap and not by the shoulder strap.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

i have one also and really like it.I use it to carry a glock 19 and a Kahr.no problems at all with either gun.

I meant to comment about the Velcro strap used for retention. I do not use the strap. But I have also customized my holster's fit to my Glock 19 by sewing the holster opening and pocket to fit my G19 much tighter than when you get it from the maker. The tighter fit on the gun keeps it from falling out if I bend over.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Well folks I'm bailing on the kangaroo and going IWB. I went to my favorite gun shop today and slipped on a White hat tuck-able holster. Under a tucked white shirt my Sig p225 disappeared! I can't argue with strong side IWB carry that is this comfy and invisible! I will probably pick it up next week. Thanks for all the great input i may still get a kangaroo for deep concealment later, but for now i think the white hat will be deep enough for my needs.

Sponsored Links