Thoughts on back pocket carry for Sig 238

This is a discussion on Thoughts on back pocket carry for Sig 238 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, I haven't posted in a while but love this board. I have a Sig 238 with the wallet kydex holster from Sig. I am ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By claude clay
  • 1 Post By gottabkiddin

Thread: Thoughts on back pocket carry for Sig 238

Thoughts on back pocket carry for Sig 238

Hello, I haven't posted in a while but love this board. I have a Sig 238 with the wallet kydex holster from Sig. I am having a hard time putting this in my front jeans pocket (just not enough pockets for all my crap) and am thinking about putting it in my back pocket. Since the Sig is SA only and I would like to carry it cocked and locked I wanted to know if you think it is stupid or dangerous to put a condition 1 gun in my back pocket with the above described holster? Thanks and appreciate the feedback!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    back pocket is great for a gun or a wallet;
    makes the pickpockets day a win-win.
    ericb327 and jbum like this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

When I carry my Sig P238 it's in a Crossbreed micro and IMO it's the way to go. I can carry it there all day and even forget it's there....
    ericb327 likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    back pocket is great for a gun or a wallet;
    makes the pickpockets day a win-win.
    I don't carry anything in my back pockets.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Have 2 sig's carry them in a crossbreed IWB love it and forget it's there, I have carried a S&W bodyguard in back pocket but only rarely...I don't even like carrying a billfold in my back pocket. I wouldn't carry it in locked and cocked in back pocket..I agree with you that the sig is too big for front pocket carry try an IWB adjust it wear it and forget about it..
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

I bought a Kahr PM9 with the intention of pocket carry. Turns out it's too big for either back or front pocket carry in my jeans. Drawing from either pocket was cumbersome. Then I bought a IWB Crossbreed Mini-Tuck for it, but found it slightly uncomfortable to wear all day and kind of a pain to put on or take off my belt.

Now, I'm trying a High Noon appendix carry holster, and I think I've found a winner. The single clip makes it easy to put on or remove from a belt, and drawing is consistent now. With the flush-mount magazine, the PM9 disappears underneath a T-shirt. If it prints at all, it looks like part of my belt buckle. With the 3.1" barrel, I can sit without the slide digging into my leg (or elsewhere ). I need to try driving with it, and see how it feels.

Don't neglect trying out appendix carry, I never considered it before, but it seems like it's my best option now. I bought two cheap holsters from High Noon for about $30 each for testing.

Cocked and locked should not be a problem as long as your holster covers the safety and the gun fits the holster appropriately.

Links