www.versacarry.com

This is a discussion on www.versacarry.com within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thought I would share this, one of my favorite holsters. They got X amount of likes on Facebook and are giving the community this awesome ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: www.versacarry.com

www.versacarry.com

Thought I would share this, one of my favorite holsters. They got X amount of likes on Facebook and are giving the community this awesome discount..

2. Remove Ads

Interesting! What do you carry with their holster?
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Interesting concept, but I just would not feel comfortable with my trigger exposed in that fashion during carry; even if it is "covered" by your body. Their safety warnings page is rather interesting as well; especially the next to last bullet point.

Yikes....I can't imagine why anybody would want to carry this way. A molded kydex holster is just as thin plus it covers the entire trigger.

Trigger not covered = no go. No way. No how.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Cool idea but I'm not putting a pistol in my trousers with the trigger exposed.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Administrator
    Covered trigger guard comments aside I can see re~holstering being a problem unless you remove the holster from the belt then reinsert the rod into the firearm barrel then re-install the firearm back into the pants. Which would make practicing your draw a bit of a P.I.T.A.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

My EDC is a crossbreed micro clip or remora.. I don't like belly bands, bags, ect, they're too slow, so the versa carry filled that gap when it's required.. Completely understand how you guys feel, but one holster doesn't work for all situations for me.

VIP Member
    Dangerous with exposed trigger......no way for me...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

I don't understand dangerous with the trigger exposed? It's IWB, it's against your body.. I carry it appendix when used.. Nothing and no one gets near it.
    My Sig has a SAFTEY! Plus even if I did carry with it off.. That's a 6# trigger..
    I'm not ignorant but what am I missing?
    I don't have anything in my pants small enough to engage the trigger.

Administrator
    Certainly it would also not be a problem with a Colt 1911 that sported a properly functioning thumb safety either also inclusive of the fact that the additional grip safety also physically blocks and prevents the trigger from functioning.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    "I don't have anything in my pants small enough to engage the trigger."

Let's hope that is the case.

Lmao @ QK!
    Seriously though, I use the versa carry about 10% of time, I carry ALL the time, it's great for when I need it, comfortable, and I honestly would like to know how it's dangerous? If its possible, I truly would like to know how, SAFTEY FIRST!

No way I would use that holster!
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by JustinApple View Post
    Lmao @ QK!
    Seriously though, I use the versa carry about 10% of time, I carry ALL the time, it's great for when I need it, comfortable, and I honestly would like to know how it's dangerous? If its possible, I truly would like to know how, SAFTEY FIRST!
    OK. Remember; you asked.

Anything is possible when the trigger is exposed. A holster that provides adequate coverage of the trigger greatly reduces those "anythings" you can't possibly think of from causing a discharge. Just because you can't think of a way it can happen doesn't mean it won't. I've heard of many things causing discharges I would have never thought of. For instance, the drawstring spring clamp on a jacket becoming entangled in the trigger; causing a discharge. Where something like this is likely to occur with this particular carry device is while putting it on. Thus, the dubious safety warning prompting you carry your weapon unloaded; commonly referred to as Israeli carry. Proper "Israeli carry" requires additional and further training for proper weapon presentation, which the manufacture does not address. Specifically, charging the weapon upon presentation.

You should take note that in their own promo video, at the end, for a very brief moment they show the draw cycle from the carry device. At no time do they charge the weapon. To properly use this device as per their own warning, charging the weapon must be part of the draw cycle. The question you have to ask is this: Do I want to do that and make it part of my training or do I want to violate their warning?

I promise you, if you think you're going to remember to perform that function during a stress/life or death situation, while using this device only 10 percent of the time, you will not, unless you carry that way ALL the time with EVERY holster and TRAIN that way EVERY time.

Shooters can become quite fast and proficient with training in the Israeli method. However, after training like that for a short period, the average (American) shooter will do one of two things. Stop using the device and get a holster, or violate the safety warning and carry with the weapon charged (just as the gun-rag editor does in the "reviews" video).

This isn't the first carry device that doesn't cover the trigger guard. Barami Hip Grip, clip draw, etc. None are holsters, and neither is this.

This is still America; to each his own.
    Last edited by ejes; June 3rd, 2012 at 11:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links