RECLUSE Holster Experience??

This is a discussion on RECLUSE Holster Experience?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Considering spending the extra money for a Recluse holster for pocket carry of my LC9, that is IF they are worth the extra change over ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Foo909

Thread: RECLUSE Holster Experience??

RECLUSE Holster Experience??

Considering spending the extra money for a Recluse holster for pocket carry of my LC9, that is IF they are worth the extra change over the cheaper $25 dollar leather or canvas versions I have also seen from places like holster pro or Remora.

I am thinking the Recluse may be better because it only has the leather on one side. But for those that have tried them, does the trigger "block" truly keep the gun secure? I will keeping one in the chamber so I definitely wouldn't want it moving around.

Also, does anyone know which of these would be better? They have two for the LC9 and I'm not sure the benefits of each:

Recluse Front:
    Recluse Front.jpg

Recluse Solo:
    Recluse Solo.jpg

I appreciate any advice from those of you who have used them. TIA!

2. Remove Ads

Eh never used one, but I'm not much on a holster that leaves one side of the trigger exposed.
    lordj likes this.

Owing, and using, one for a Kahr .380; I can attest the system is secure, effective and comfortable. The trigger block, combined with the muzzle shroud, hold the gun firmly (but not tightly) in place. As for one side being exposed: that side is against your body and, with NOTHING ELSE in the pocket, the gun is safe. I had reservations on the design but am glad I bought one.

Remember, to re-holster, the Recluse must be withdrawn from the pocket.

Google reviews for it and search the ElsiePea forum for more info.

I also have wallet-style holsters for the Kahr and other small pistols; the Recluse really is a little thinner and prints in a less "blocky" manner.
    Last edited by CPO 15; June 2nd, 2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Brain stone

Links