Defensive Carry banner

Summer Special for Glocks?

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  multistage 
#1 ·
Just wondering how many of you use the Milt Sparks summer special for Glock 19/23's? I am thinking about getting one, but would be interested to know how it stacks up with some of the newer kydex IWB holsters out there. Thanks.

#2 ·
When I need to wear my gun behind the hip, I reach for my Milt Sparks Summer Special II. I prefer the minimal footprint of the holster. Retention is excellent, but the draw is smooth and quiet. I also prefer the larger G17 model of this holster, because I believe the longer holster is more stable plus I can wear my G17 if I want to.

#4 ·
My EDC Glock 19 rides in an OWB Kramer horsehide belt scabbard. When/if I need more concealment I use one of my IWB holsters. One of them is a Sparks SSII. I like this holster, but lately my Comp Tac CTAC is getting the nod when I switch over to IWB carry. (FWIW, my other IWB holsters are a Kramer K3, Blade Tech NANO, and FIST ultra thin kydex K6 holster.)

#5 ·
I have one for my Glock 27. The holster is a very fine piece of craftsmanship. Works great. Holds the gun as securely as kydex. One handed holstering is easy. You won't be disappointed or feel you paid to much. That being said I really like the Galco King Tuk now. Still have the milt sparks.

#6 ·
Brownell's has the ss2 for sale right now, which I believe gives the option of using more belt widths than the original. I was also considering the sidearmor kydex with the j-hook, but the ss has always looked really classy to me. Still not sure which way to go on this.

#7 ·
Well, yeah. Just ordered a SSII for my 32, which is the 357 SIG complement to the 19 and 23. Ordered it direct from Sparks, as I prefer black and horsehide. The 19 gets a horsehide VMII in about two months. While my Kimber has a VMII barbeque holster I love to wear (and show off to friends) of horsehide and shark, I got a tan SSII from Brownells to hold me until the VMII showed up. And guess what? That Kimber is stuffed full of HST and is in that SSII as we speak. Sparks holsters are flawless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.