Defensive Carry banner

First try at a IWB revolver holster

4K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  TWO GUNS 
#1 ·
I'm pretty new to making holsters and still learning. This is my first try at an IWB revolver Holster.
Taurus 41 mag, hand sewn 8/9oz drum dyed leather, pull dot snaps and replaceable straps.

See less See more
#10 ·
From what I understand with revolver holsters the top of the cylinder is a difficult thing to deal with. Seems you figured out how to deal with it. :yup: Looks good. I have yet to try a dedicated IWB holster.

#15 ·
Looks great!
For my own personal needs, I would want to see a lower-riding design.
Typically, if the cylinder is about level with the belt line...you have a winner for revolver IWB carry.

Keep us posted!

^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And to touch on the "sharp edge" comment.........

I agree in that the very top of the holster{POINTED TIP} pointing toward the grip, covering the trigger guard may wish to be a little rounded.
Also, are you losing a bit of strength with the gap between the main body of the holster and the front strap??????

Other than those points, which may or may not be biggies(because I have no knowledge of holster making) it looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 ·
Nice job of covering the trigger in style but, as others have stated, you may have a problem with the sharp edge. I would also have carried the sweat guard up a little higher and further forward. That hammer and sight may still bite. Very nice edges and stitching. For a first attempt, or otherwise, it is very well done.:smile:

#17 ·
it certainly looks nice!

My experience with holsters is that it's really hard to tell how they will carry till you try them, and with the range of body types out there, it varies quite a bit. But from how it looks, I'd say it's nice work!

Wear it a while, see what you like, what bugs you. Make a few more, get others trying them out, get feedback :) Keep it up!

#20 ·
Nice looking holster, I'm looking for a good one for my Ruger SP101 357 3" barrel, want a 15 degree cant. I would want the sweat guard up just a little higher to cover all the metal above the hammer. Florida heat and sweat, you know how it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.