Defensive Carry banner

Who needs IWB !!!

5K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  RubenZ 
#1 · (Edited)
Got my DM Bullard Bodyguard holster for my S&W Shield today. This holster is great. I can't imagine why I would ever use an IWB for this or my 1911. They hold nice and tight to my waist and conceal great under a t-shirt(well, the shield does). way more comfortable than any IWB I've tried. And by the way, I called Bullard on Monday to see if they had any Bodyguards for my Shield, and I got it today !!

Handgun holster Gun accessory Leather

See less See more
#3 ·
You do mean "who" right?

That's cool an OWB holster can be the best of an IWB holster! I have one of those myself. One and only. I'm a jeans and t-shirt guy myself. I can relate.

#5 ·
Please don't apologize for being over 50. My God man.....I'm staring that in the face and I need to rely on those who have been there! I guess the computer thing I could understand. I never figured I would be where I am now with all that BS myself. But without it....I'd be lost.

#6 ·
i guessed that it has an extream rake and works for a short barreled gun.
went to the site and they do look very nicely made.

decades of 'for-sure' concealed IWB is how i'll stay. murohy lives through little kids that look up under our jackets and tell mommie
''that man has a gun'' just loud enough for everyone to hear.

but it works for you and thats important.
enjoy...and please pass us a report on the shield.
it seems to be a very liked gun.

and hello from sometimes delray beach

#8 ·
Welcome to the joy that is OWB carry. I only carry IWB when I need to not be noticed at all. For normal carry, OWB beltslide or something similar for me.

#19 ·
IWB or OWB...either works for me, and both conceal well...both are tight to the body.
An IWB holster is easier to remove/put on...one clip and it's off, no need to 'sew' the belt through the holster.
Therefore, when I might have to remove the holster, I use IWB for sure, but either still works.

#22 ·
Be 66 in December, and yes it's true, you do slow down a bit as the number goes up. However, it sure beats the alternative of stopping completely.

Reactions: msgt/ret
#24 ·
I use an OWB holster 95% of the time to carry a G23. It's hot this time of year in Arkansas so I either wear a T shirt or one of the button up shirts that's cut flat at the bottom and not meant to be tucked in anyway (don't know what they are called) and they seem a little cooler than a tucked in shirt too.

I buy the shirts one size bigger than normal and the Glock is completely invisible but the shirts aren't so over sized that they look out of place. A good belt and holster makes all the difference and the Beltman belt and TT gunleather holster do a fantastic job and I don't notice the gun is there anymore.

#25 ·
I made my first OWB holster for my XD9 (4 inch). Not perfect, but I was amazed at how much more comfortable it was than any of my IWB holsters. It's my new go to holster. I wore it all day Sunday - very comfy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.