Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips? - Page 3

Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips?

This is a discussion on Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The cross is the company logo because the owner Mark Craighead is a devout Christian. That's ok but the lack of a plain clip of ...

View Poll Results: Should CrossBreed offer plain clips as an option?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 61.84%
  • No

29 38.16%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips?

The cross is the company logo because the owner Mark Craighead is a devout Christian. That's ok but the lack of a plain clip of the same style and his refusal to even consider offering it caused me to buy a Theis Holster and buy plain clips from them to replace the clips on my first IWB, a ST.

My main objection is not religious. It's that any concealment holster should never bring attention to itself through ANY design. That said, I'm not Christian and didn't want the clips with the crucifix on it.

Pretty easy choice to vote your pocketbook.

There are plenty of great alternatives
    ec4321 likes this.

Look at the kholster IWB holster. Comparable to the Crossbreed but with the plain clips. I have had mine for over three years and I am completely satisfied. The cost is about $30 cheaper than the CBST.
    grav and ec4321 like this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I bought my Crossbreed because it's a great product. The crosses are his company symbol. If given a choice I would go with no crosses. I put the clips behind my belt anyway.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

+1 What foxytwo said!
    ec4321 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I own a Crossbreed and a Kholster. Like everything else in life, if you don't like the product, buy something else. As for the poll, No, I don't think crossbreed should have to offer plain clips, even though they do.
    J Hooks (one pair) | Crossbreed Holsters - J Hooks

V-Clip (one pair) | Crossbreed Holsters - VClips
    lyz_grace likes this.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Contact SHTF Gear,he's on the forum,builds the hi-brid tuckable and offers different clip options.
    Last edited by Guest1; June 7th, 2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: finger went stupid,forgot how to spell
    ec4321 likes this.

I have a CBST for a 1911. I bought some plain steel clips because I didn't like Kydex, J Clips. Cost me $7.

My other holsters are the Shielded Holsters Phalanx. They're plain clips, too.

This is why there are hundreds of holsters to choose from. There's a market for anything.
    ec4321 likes this.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

The Kholster is made in my state. They definitely are a strong value for the money.

That being said, I would rather pay for the over all added quality of the M-TAC. I really like the adjustable cant (kholster has this to the n-th degree), the ability to swap out bodies to use 1 backing with multiple guns, the "slide" ability to use multiple guns in one holster (glock, SA & S&W / same frame, different length), and i like the smooth leather back that rests against your side so you don't get rubbed raw if you aren't wearing a t-shirt or the shirt rides up on you.
    ec4321 likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    The Kholster is made in my state. They definitely are a strong value for the money.

That being said, I would rather pay for the over all added quality of the M-TAC. I really like the adjustable cant (kholster has this to the n-th degree), the ability to swap out bodies to use 1 backing with multiple guns, the "slide" ability to use multiple guns in one holster (glock, SA & S&W / same frame, different length), and i like the smooth leather back that rests against your side so you don't get rubbed raw if you aren't wearing a t-shirt or the shirt rides up on you.
    Hi 357and40 -

I checked the M-TAC out even further based on your recommendation. I love the engineered, complete, finished, polished look it has. A few questions I have on it - 1) Is it any thicker over all than the others (White Hat, Theis, etc)? 2) How far apart are the clips comparatively? I.E. is this holster as wide as the others and therefore spread the weight and pressure?

White Hat looks awesome to me, I ordered one because I thought the flexibility that they had with the replaceable scabbards (like the M-TAC) was a nice plus. I am also considering ordering a Theis for some of my smaller framed carry arms since their holster varies in sized based upon the size of the firearm you order it for. FYI, I emailed White Hat and asked about smaller holsters - and they said they are coming soon.

Such a great group of folks over there at White Hat, awesome customer service. Nothing like the snooty sarcastic person who was answering my emails over at CrossBreed.

My wife noticed the clip on the belt, not the cross on the clip. She asked me what the clips were for. She had no clue that I was carrying IWB with my crossbreed holster. The only people that will recongnize the cross will know about IWB crossbreed holsters. Anyone the sees the any clips in that type of configuration will know it is a IWB holster. With that, those who recongnize the clips whether they have crosses on them or not will know it's a IWB and will have the knowledge about CC. Anyone that does not CC or CC lawfully will not have a clue what the clips are for.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I guess it doesn't bother anyone that you said you were treated rudely for asking a simple question.

I did not like the clips for the reason stated by "txron" and changed to the J Hook style. With a good belt to secure my pants they work fine for me. It's Crossbreed's decision but if I were them I'd offer a narrow, plain clip as an option to be ordered like the other styles.
    ec4321 likes this.
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd taken better care of myself when I was younger

You guys act like attaching clips to a hybrid holster is impossible. $50 says I could EASILY attach my plain clips from my Galco King Tuck to the Crossbreed holster. The king tuck clip has holes in it, the crossbreed clip has holes in it........hmmmm.......I bet they would interchange with merely a screwdriver.

I don't even have a crossbreed, but this thread has convinced me to buy one for each of my guns. I admire a man willing to stand up for his beliefs.
    Pkupmn98 and scgunlover1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    You guys act like attaching clips to a hybrid holster is impossible. $50 says I could EASILY attach my plain clips from my Galco King Tuck to the Crossbreed holster. The king tuck clip has holes in it, the crossbreed clip has holes in it........hmmmm.......I bet they would interchange with merely a screwdriver.
    Hi Smolck -

I considered that. One could even buy 10 bucks worth of clips instead of buying an entire separate holster to source clips from. So, I asked CrossBreed if they would sell their holster without the clips or offer a 10 buck discount so I could get clips that suited my needs elsewhere.

My query was met with righteous indignation and sarcasm.

Obviously if CrossBreed only wants to offer those clips that is their choice, it's their company and their call. I believe there is a market they are missing out on, and IMO clips on a concealed carry rig are not the appropriate place for markings whatever the motivation maybe. Their Logo, BTW, is on the leather - and I am 100% cool with that!

I am not sure I'd ever buy their product after the way I was treated when I emailed them, that would depend upon if that rep's attitude was representative of the company or if he was rogue.
    357and40 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ec4321 View Post
    Hi Smolck -

I considered that. One could even buy 10 bucks worth of clips instead of buying an entire separate holster to source clips from. So, I asked CrossBreed if they would sell their holster without the clips or offer a 10 buck discount so I could get clips that suited my needs elsewhere.

My query was met with righteous indignation and sarcasm.

Obviously if CrossBreed only wants to offer those clips that is their choice, it's their company and their call. I believe there is a market they are missing out on, and IMO clips on a concealed carry rig are not the appropriate place for markings whatever the motivation maybe. Their Logo, BTW, is on the leather - and I am 100% cool with that!

I am not sure I'd ever buy their product after the way I was treated when I emailed them, that would depend upon if that rep's attitude was representative of the company or if he was rogue.
    Why don't you post some of the emails you supposedly have from Crossbreed. I sure would like to see what you're talking about. I personally think you are being less than truthful. (Particularly, about their rudeness & sarcasm)

I agree, they may have said you had to purchase "J" clips or whatever. But, I'd bet that their responses to your complaints weren't nearly as rude as your trash talk here.

-

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links