Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips? - Page 4

Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips?

This is a discussion on Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tcox4freedom I personally think you are being less than truthful. (Particularly, about their rudeness & sarcasm) - For reference, I think calling ...

View Poll Results: Should CrossBreed offer plain clips as an option?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 61.84%
  • No

29 38.16%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips?

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I personally think you are being less than truthful. (Particularly, about their rudeness & sarcasm)
    -
    For reference, I think calling someone a liar you don't know and don't have good cause to is rude.

Based on that, you and I may not agree as to what is rude and what isn't.

I am not going to publish the emails. For one, I don't have anything to prove nor can I prove anything. Rudeness is subjective. They were rude, that is my opinion. Second, the specific contents were private and I won't breech that in a public forum.

CrossBreed has my permission to publish the emails in their entirety if they so wish, just talk with me first and we'll agree as to the content and publish without causing any undo harm.
    Civil_Response likes this.

It's their business and it's their choice. I like the Cross on the clips. 99% + of the population has NO idea what those clips are when they see them and I'd be willing to bet that there's not a person out there that is going to ask you what they're for. I mean really, are you going to go up to a perfect stranger and ask them what those clips on their waist band are? They DO offer alternatives, too.

I also doubt you were treated rudely by their customer service. You might have felt butt-hurt when they didn't bow down to your suggestions, but I doubt there was any rudeness involved on their part.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    So I understand that you do not want to compromise the strength/integrity of the holster/setup with inferior clips, and dont' like the J-clips. I agree, the j-clips are not as secure. The velcro clips on the other hand are actually more secure and provide better support than the standard clips with the cross.

Several people have commented that any clip showing will identify an IWB holster to anyone who would recognise it wether there is a cross or not, the v-clip completely removes this problem. No visible clip over the belt at all, it attaches to the back of the belt, and holds it tight like glue wherever you put it.

Do I think that Crossbreed would have some additional customers if they offered a plain clip? Some, how many is questionable. But to some people there are more important things than getting every last dollar possible. I repect his decision to stick with his principles, even at the cost of earning a little more money. I agree with you that designs are not necessarilly ideal on an item that is intended to be concealed, but in several years I have not had anyone notice the clips, let alone the cross on them when I was not using the v-clips.
    ec4321 and 9mmHP like this.
    Walk softly ...

cj
    My Crossbreed is so old, it's still got obviously hand-crafted kydex hooks on it. That said, I've gone with Kholsters since then (since they get so darn cheap during sales) and modified them as I see fit. Plenty of other options of the hybrid design out there, and plenty of clip options around if you don't care for what's on a certain one.
    ec4321 likes this.

4 pages? Really?

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Why not... Better than a caliber war, at least it's something different to chew on.

I love my MTAC. I've only ever looked at the SuperTuck, but the MTAC seems like a more "finished" version of it.

If you really want the SuperTuck, but don't want the crosses, you can order alternate clips, or get rid of them yourself.
    ec4321 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Why not... Better than a caliber war, at least it's something different to chew on.
    Which brings me to the point I was going to make. They should be required to sell clips with different-colored crosses on them based on the cartridge. Danger blaze orange for .44 Mag, blood red for .45... pink for .380... and no cross at all, just a floral motif for .32s and .25s.

That's a joke.

Maybe.

Seriously - there too many nearly identical options for an IWB hybrid out there to worry about this. If crosses on the clips were turning too many people off, they wouldn't have a 4-6 week backlog, and if it were really about them having snippy and rude CS (I doubt it), the title of the poll should be different.
    357and40, RMS, smolck and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    So I understand that you do not want to compromise the strength/integrity of the holster/setup with inferior clips, and dont' like the J-clips. I agree, the j-clips are not as secure. The velcro clips on the other hand are actually more secure and provide better support than the standard clips with the cross. .
    Hi.

Appreciate the input. Can you tell me what type of pants you have tried the velcro clips with? I love the idea of totally hidden clips. However, I am having a hard time understanding how they can possibly provide the same mechanical transfer of weight to the belt as the over the belt clips.

Quote Originally Posted by ec4321 View Post
    Hi 357and40 -

I checked the M-TAC out even further based on your recommendation. I love the engineered, complete, finished, polished look it has. A few questions I have on it - 1) Is it any thicker over all than the others (White Hat, Theis, etc)? 2) How far apart are the clips comparatively? I.E. is this holster as wide as the others and therefore spread the weight and pressure?

White Hat looks awesome to me, I ordered one because I thought the flexibility that they had with the replaceable scabbards (like the M-TAC) was a nice plus. I am also considering ordering a Theis for some of my smaller framed carry arms since their holster varies in sized based upon the size of the firearm you order it for. FYI, I emailed White Hat and asked about smaller holsters - and they said they are coming soon.

Such a great group of folks over there at White Hat, awesome customer service. Nothing like the snooty sarcastic person who was answering my emails over at CrossBreed.
    Happy to be of assistance...

The leather is not massively thicker than the kholster or CBST, but it is a little thicker considering that there are two panels stitched together. The clips are a similar distance apart. The thing I like about the M-TAC clips is that they have multiple holes so you can adjust the cant and depth of the holster very well. I would wager you could just order clips from them to fit most of the other holsters (I can not speak to white hat since I have never held one in my own hands.)

If you are near St. Louis I would be happy to meet you at a local range to show you a few of the holsters I have accumulated over the years. If you have a Sig P229 without rails I have a great all leather Mitch Rosen holster I will sell cheap.

The velcro clips are designed to work with one of their belts. they have no bearing on the pants. The belt has a velcro inlay on the part that rests against your waist. The velcro attaches to the back side of the belt.
    ec4321 and tcox4freedom like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I admire a man willing to stand up for his beliefs.
    As do I my friend. As do I.

(To paraphrase a great American) I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death for your right to say it...
    ec4321 and tcox4freedom like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    357and40 is right, they connect to the holster and go over the pants the same as the j-clip would, under your belt. The "hooks" side of the velcro is facing out, which sticks to the "loops" portion of velcro that is attached to the underside of your belt. You do need to have the velcro on the belt for it to work. I bought one of their belts at the same time as the holster and got it with the velcro already installed. I am not sure how easy it would be to add it to a belt aftermarket if you don't want to buy one of their belts also. But I have been very pleased with the belt; high quality, double layer leather. And the only cross on the belt is stamped into the leather on the underside.

The clips are virtually unnoticable except for the little black part where they come over your pants and drop behind the belt. If they stick too far below your belt you can just trim down the end to match the exact length that fits how you wear it.
    ec4321 likes this.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    Seriously - there too many nearly identical options for an IWB hybrid out there to worry about this.
    That's true. And now I know that from the many gracious posters that pointed me in the direction of other holster makers in this thread. I might compile that list for the folks that are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    If crosses on the clips were turning too many people off, they wouldn't have a 4-6 week backlog...
    That I don't know about. My guess is, they might triple their business.

Wouldn't the clips that Tommy Thies sells work on a CBST?

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    357and40 is right, they connect to the holster and go over the pants the same as the j-clip would, under your belt. The "hooks" side of the velcro is facing out, which sticks to the "loops" portion of velcro that is attached to the underside of your belt. You do need to have the velcro on the belt for it to work. I bought one of their belts at the same time as the holster and got it with the velcro already installed. I am not sure how easy it would be to add it to a belt aftermarket if you don't want to buy one of their belts also. But I have been very pleased with the belt; high quality, double layer leather. And the only cross on the belt is stamped into the leather on the underside.

The clips are virtually unnoticable except for the little black part where they come over your pants and drop behind the belt. If they stick too far below your belt you can just trim down the end to match the exact length that fits how you wear it.
    Plus 1

I have two CB belts w/velcro and I have put velcro on all my other belts. It's a very simple process that only takes a couple of minutes; and a roll of velcro is fairly cheap. (The only thing you need to do is press the velcro on firmly & let the glue set over night.)

-

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links