Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips?

This is a discussion on Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Spirit4earth Wouldn't the clips that Tommy Thies sells work on a CBST? Hi Spirit. Yes, I believe they would. I think I ...

View Poll Results: Should CrossBreed offer plain clips as an option?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 61.84%
  • No

29 38.16%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit4earth View Post
    Wouldn't the clips that Tommy Thies sells work on a CBST?

Hi Spirit.

Yes, I believe they would. I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I even asked Crossbreed if they would be willing to give me $10 discount so I could get suitable clips from another source. Theis was one I was considering. Since Crossbreed declined, I have since just ordered a holster from another company.

2. Remove Ads

That's what I did. Ordered a pair of Theis plain clips for my Supertuck. Worked perfectly.

Now it's really Super.

Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters
    ec4321 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ec4321 View Post
    For reference, I think calling someone a liar you don't know and don't have good cause to is rude.

Based on that, you and I may not agree as to what is rude and what isn't.

I am not going to publish the emails. For one, I don't have anything to prove nor can I prove anything. Rudeness is subjective. They were rude, that is my opinion. Second, the specific contents were private and I won't breech that in a public forum.

CrossBreed has my permission to publish the emails in their entirety if they so wish, just talk with me first and we'll agree as to the content and publish without causing any undo harm.
    Yet you trash their name in public forum. At least back up your claim. Crossbreed supports this forum!
    tcox4freedom and lyz_grace like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Support or not, he has a right to say he was treated rudely for asking a simple question, that's not trashing a name. It's no secret Crossbreed is quite a religious based company, I have no doubt they took some offense to the request. I've seen some posts here that leave little to question. This thread wasn't a rip on beliefs rather a concern for conceilability.

I think the answer has been found, use another quality holster maker and support them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Support or not, he has a right to say he was treated rudely for asking a simple question, that's not trashing a name. It's no secret Crossbreed is quite a religious based company, I have no doubt they took some offense to the request. I've seen some posts here that leave little to question. This thread wasn't a rip on beliefs rather a concern for conceilability.

I think the answer has been found, use another quality holster maker and support them.
    I have made claims here and been criticized, called names and asked to back them up. Which I did! The OP uses our forum to bash a supporting vendor then says its not appropriate to post his emails to back it up. I am not religious, did not make my decision to buy based on the clips. I baught based on quality.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

For reference, I think calling someone a liar you don't know and don't have good cause to is rude.

I am not going to publish the emails. For one, I don't have anything to prove nor can I prove anything. Rudeness is subjective. They were rude, that is my opinion. Second, the specific contents were private and I won't breech that in a public forum.

CrossBreed has my permission to publish the emails in their entirety if they so wish, just talk with me first and we'll agree as to the content and publish without causing any undo harm.
    This post puts a LOT of doubt in my mind as to how you were treated. As has been suggested, if you don't like their clips, buy a different holster. Lots of options out there.

As far as people taking offense at the crosses, all I have to say is, "Really?" Grow up. What may be a religious symbol to one person means nothing to another. Should McDonalds stop selling hamburgers because they might offend a Hindu? See where that logic leads? People need to stop being so sensitive about religion. It's a freaking logo, and they have a right to put it on their product in whatever manner they wish. You can clearly see it in the photos, so anyone that didn't see it when buying has no room to complain.

BTW, I don't own a crossbreed or any other hybrid from a major manufacturer. I found that I can make one myself that suits my needs better than anything I can buy. That's always an option as well. In fact, you could even put YOUR religious symbol on it if you wish.

And that's all I got to say about that.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar

I think you inability to prove anything & produce any evidence to support your claim says a LOT to support my statements.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I have made claims here and been criticized, called names and asked to back them up. Which I did! The OP uses our forum to bash a supporting vendor then says its not appropriate to post his emails to back it up. I am not religious, did not make my decision to buy based on the clips. I baught based on quality.
    I actually respect his decision not to post a private email, shows some class and maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I actually respect his decision not to post a private email, shows some class and maturity.
    Not me. IMO, he's making unfounded claims. Saying that Crossbreed can contact him to determine what parts get posted just makes me think that he wasn't as cordial as he claims to have been. You get what you give.

How is it classy to trash a company's name the then refuse to offer proof. Not getting what you want and being treated rudely are two different things. The OP is influencing others here. If he was indeed treated rudely, I support his right to post here. I'm having trouble with a holster manufacturer right now. Being lied to about my order and shipping times, no return correspondence as promised. I only have phone conversations. What if posted a one sided view about my experience here. Would I get your support?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post

And that's all I got to say about that.
    I didn't know Hickok45 posted here! Sadly though, apparently he doesn't like me.

Here's the bottom line kids. Didn't post this to trash them at all, sorry it has been taken that way. There were some pretty nasty, heated shots taken at this post Page 2 and that changed the demeanor regrettably.

As far as the emails, I have nothing to hide at all. But they are private. Crossbreed is on here and I even posted requests in their subforum as well. When I say talk to me first to agree to what's published I am referring to making sure names, email addresses, and other personal, irrelevant information gets taken out. If they wish to publish them, I am all for it.

That being said, as I stated they won't prove anything. What one person thinks is rude, another won't. I have my opinion, and you'll have to take my word for it that what I say my opinion is in fact my opinion. I can't prove that to you!

But honestly, this is way off track and isn't about that.

See the poll. That's the point. Plain clips are clearly in demand. CrossBreed's choice. There's the data. I'd like to buy one if they begin offering them.

Have a Good Day.

Really? Nobody said anything about a law preventing them from having crosses on clips. I asked the board if they thought crossbreed would be well advised to offer plain clips. I am sorry if you cannot understand the difference between the two.

Please refrain from trolling the thread. We get that you're intolerant of others religions, that your God is supreme and everyone else's is fake, etc, etc, etc.
    I am convinced your post here was to shed a less than favorable light on Crossbreed because you did not like the outcome of your request. Come to think of it, I think you meant to send them a message via our forum. See what I can do! I'll just hurt your business! If you would have offered one shed of proof I wouldn't be writing this. Seriously, a poll about a holster company's logo on their clips? Talk about trolling!

I didn't know Hickok45 posted here! Sadly though, apparently he doesn't like me.
    Never said I didn't like you. You're just some guy on the internet. I really don't give a hoot either way. What I DON'T like is when someone talks bad about a company without offering any proof.

[QUOTE=ec4321;2283794]
    Here's the bottom line kids. Didn't post this to trash them at all, sorry it has been taken that way. There were some pretty nasty, heated shots taken at this post Page 2 and that changed the demeanor regrettably.

As far as the emails, I have nothing to hide at all. But they are private. Crossbreed is on here and I even posted requests in their subforum as well. When I say talk to me first to agree to what's published I am referring to making sure names, email addresses, and other personal, irrelevant information gets taken out. If they wish to publish them, I am all for it. [QUOTE]
    That's a given, and I'm sure no one at Crossbreed would mind if you posted them. I wouldn't exactly call correspondence with a company "private."

That being said, as I stated they won't prove anything. What one person thinks is rude, another won't. I have my opinion, and you'll have to take my word for it that what I say my opinion is in fact my opinion. I can't prove that to you!

But honestly, this is way off track and isn't about that.

See the poll. That's the point. Plain clips are clearly in demand. CrossBreed's choice. There's the data. I'd like to buy one if they begin offering them.

Have a Good Day.
    Yeah, people may want plain clips. Plenty of holster makers out there that offer plain clips. Crossbreed puts their logo on there for a reason. They are a very popular brand, and rightfully so. What company in their right mind wouldn't want to advertise on their product? People that carry are the only ones that notice. They see that logo and it might put ideas in their head about their next purchase. I hardly think anyone that doesn't carry will notice the clips, logo or not. I know I've never had anyone ask me about the clips when I carry my hybrid.

Also, the majority of my first post in this thread was not directed at you. I was merely expressing my discontent towards the people claiming it's a religious conspiracy (Yes, I AM exaggerating a bit. Deal with it.). I just don't see why people get all upset about a cross.

And as stated crossbreed offers different designs. Would you demand Chevy or Ford remove their logo before you'd buy one of those? And would you expect them to comply? I find it laughable that anyone would think the little crosses are hurting their sales in an appreciable manner. The market has proven crossbreed to be an excellent product. Otherwise the wait times wouldn't be there.

Guys -

Nobody is demanding they do anything. I asked them if they'd consider offering plain clips. I asked others if they would be interested in plain clips. In the end it's their choice.

I have my choice as well. As do you.

Pretty simple.

Now clearly, they are missing out on providing products for a large part of the market - see the poll. But that is their choice, and their choice alone.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links