Defensive Carry banner

Should CrossBreed offer plain clips as an option?

• Yes

Votes: 47 61.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 38.2%

Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips?

13K views 95 replies 43 participants last post by  HCF 
#1 ·
I must tuck 90% of days. That being said I am always on the look out for IWB holsters that are tuck compatible. I came across several brands of the leather and kydex variety and in doing research came across CrossBreed holsters. They have almost all the options and configurations I would want.

However, I cannot bring myself to buy one after asking their customer service if they could or would consider offering an option of plain clips for those of us that must tuck and being treated as if I was asking for something unreasonable. I came to this after wishing the manufacturers would actually offer slimmer version of their clips, something along the lines of what the Minotaur has, perhaps metal but not sure that's important, for reference the Minotaur:

Handgun holster Gun accessory Personal protective equipment

Now for comparison the CrossBreed clips:

Handgun holster Gun accessory Starting pistol

To explain the problem:
1) Plain Clips as an Option.

Some folks must tuck everyday, and having crosses on the clips causes a few problems. One, over plain clips they attract more attention. Even if plain clips are noticed, people may overlook as to not be too nosey, with the crosses that may peak an interest and prompt them to ask what the clips are about. Not to mention coming across someone that is familiar with crossbreed holsters, heck you might as not be concealed at all at that point - not good.

2) Slim Line Clips as an Option (plain as well).

Again, some folks must tuck. Slimmer clips, in line with the width of the minataur (sp?) would be a welcome option for those of us that do. Step 1 is a huge step forward, Step 2 is a enhancement upon that.

FOR THE POLL: Should CrossBreed offer an option of plain clips?

See less See more
#2 ·
I would think not, the cross is their trademark. I decided to go with White Hat Holster's Maxtuck and got it with the Velcro clips that attach over my pants and to the back of my belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I would think not, the cross is their trademark.
No other concealed carry holster, that I am aware of, exposes an identifiable trademark for all to see. It defeats the purpose of a concealed carry holster. Their trademark is on the leather-backing. Which is fine. The Clips, are a deal breaker for me.

They might as well say: Concealed Firearm Holster Clip

#5 ·
FOR THE POLL: Should CrossBreed offer an option of plain clips?
They do!

Crossbreed offers several types of holster clips; including "J" hooks; "velco" hooks and a couple of other types. (You aren't stuck with standard clips)

Having done business with Crossbreed for years, I find you story about customer service hard to believe. My quess is you came here to hate on "your" competitor; and get some free advertising.

-

#7 ·
Crossbreed offers several types of holster clips; including "J" hooks; "velco" hooks and a couple of other types. (You aren't stuck with standard clips)

-
Not clips that put the burden of the weight on the actual belt with positive mechanical contact, meaning the clip goes OVER the belt. Clearly this is the ideal clip. Everything else is a comprimise upon the premise for those that wish to sacrifice some of these load transfer qualities for more hidden clips.

#9 ·
I, too, spoke with CB customer service about a different, more nondescript option but turned down. Was upset at the time but very grateful now. This forced me to find an alternative producer, which led me to Tommy Theis! I prefer Tommy's product with better pricing and lead time.

Glad to see someone else thinking the same way!

Sent from my rotary dial phone using tapatalk.

#10 ·
I carry daily at work, per the handbook permission has been granted by the owner and cleared through HR. A few out on the prduction floor know me outside of work and prior to my employment. That having been said no looks, no questions, and of thoes I speak most would welcome not having to dis-arm for work.

#11 ·
I think that 99% of people would not notice the clips let alone the cross. That said if crossbreed wants to sell you a holster they will listen to the customer. My experience with crossbreed has be excellent!

#13 ·
I have had a CBST for about a year and love the holster..... I hate the fact that there are crosses on the clips. I had heard great reviews on this site and others about this holster. When I looked on the website i failed to notice that there were crosses on the clips, and that's my fault. Having spent $80 and having a limited income I can't bring myself to buy another holster right now. When in considered the name of the company I assumed it was tied to the holsters being a "cross" or hybrid between leather and kydex holsters. I had no idea that the company was trying to promote their religion, which they are entitled to do. But as a customer who does not share their religious beliefs I don't appreciate such advertisements. I realize they probably strongly believe in their religion, I just don't see the need to incorporate it into their product. I do like how the clips carry the weight and so the other options they offer are less desirable. I have to decide if I am willing to sacrifice security and comfort for clips that don't spout religious beliefs.

#17 ·
I had no idea that the company was trying to promote their religion
Your avatar leads me to believe you were or are an active duty Marine. Did you or did you not take the following oath?

I, [NAME], DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR (OR AFFIRM) THAT I WILL SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC; THAT I WILL BEAR TRUE FAITH AND ALLEGIANCE TO THE SAME; AND THAT I WILL OBEY THE ORDERS OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE ORDERS OF THE OFFICERS APPOINTED OVER ME, ACCORDING TO THE REGULATIONS AND THE UNIFORM CODE OF MILITARY JUSTICE. SO HELP ME GOD.

And a small, barely noticeable cross on your belt clip causes problems for you?

#14 ·
I do own a Crossbreed Supertuck holster. I bought it knowing the clips had crosses on them. This didn't deter me in the least. Clips with crosses or not, if the wearer blouses the shirt over the belt a little the clips are unseen anyway and this even helps hide the printing of some handguns grips. YMMV.

#15 ·
That's the main reason why I have not even considered purchasing from them. I know they make great holsters, but I must carry IWB with tuckable holster.

Reactions: ec4321
#16 ·
+1 for theis holsters..horsehide, combat cut, shipping, and choice of clips all included in the lower price!

Handgun holster Gun accessory Starting pistol Airsoft gun

As for crossbreed it's their business and their option on how they chose to run it. If they don't offer what you want find someone who does. I believe I have seen threads on the net somewhere where the owner explained his reasoning for the clips

#21 ·
Being a Jew, the last thing I want is a cross on my person, let alone two. You saw what happened to Jesus with a cross on his person... rather a person on his cross....

I will stick with my Minotaur M-TACs. Besides, they come with Smarties candy.

#22 ·
Maybe we can get someone to legislate the uses of crosses on consumer products. It'll go nicely with the anti-gun legislation.

Reactions: scgunlover1
#23 ·
Really? Nobody said anything about a law preventing them from having crosses on clips. I asked the board if they thought crossbreed would be well advised to offer plain clips. I am sorry if you cannot understand the difference between the two.

Please refrain from trolling the thread. We get that you're intolerant of others religions, that your God is supreme and everyone else's is fake, etc, etc, etc.

#26 ·
I love my CrossBreed. Not because it has crosses on it. Because it works.

As far as people noticing the clips. As it's been pointed out, if people know enough that the clip belongs to a holster company, chances are they're carrying as well. If you're worried about people being snoopy then get the J/V clips that ARE unmarked, or just get used to telling people to buzz off. I don't see what the big deal is on either side.

#29 ·
9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we DO NOT allow the discussion of these topics.

I originally allowed this thread because it was firearm/HOLSTER related. DO NOT turn the thread into a general religious discussion.
You will be responsible for the closure of the thread.

The thread topic is Should Cross-Breed offer alternative AKA Plain clips other than those sporting the Cross?

That is the thread topic. Please stick to it because the thread is already skating on thin ice due to a few of the above posts.

#30 ·
Reactions: ec4321
#31 ·
The cross is the company logo because the owner Mark Craighead is a devout Christian. That's ok but the lack of a plain clip of the same style and his refusal to even consider offering it caused me to buy a Theis Holster and buy plain clips from them to replace the clips on my first IWB, a ST.

My main objection is not religious. It's that any concealment holster should never bring attention to itself through ANY design. That said, I'm not Christian and didn't want the clips with the crucifix on it.

Pretty easy choice to vote your pocketbook.

There are plenty of great alternatives

#33 ·
I bought my Crossbreed because it's a great product. The crosses are his company symbol. If given a choice I would go with no crosses. I put the clips behind my belt anyway.

#35 ·
Reactions: lyz_grace
#37 ·
I have a CBST for a 1911. I bought some plain steel clips because I didn't like Kydex, J Clips. Cost me $7.

My other holsters are the Shielded Holsters Phalanx. They're plain clips, too.

This is why there are hundreds of holsters to choose from. There's a market for anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.