Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips? - Page 6

Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips?

This is a discussion on Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd like it if they'd offer plain clips. Well, they do...that's what the J-clips are for. So I guess the point is moot. As for ...

View Poll Results: Should CrossBreed offer plain clips as an option?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 61.84%
  • No

29 38.16%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips?

I'd like it if they'd offer plain clips. Well, they do...that's what the J-clips are for. So I guess the point is moot.

As for the comment "only other shooters/carriers will know"...that may be well and true, but I may not WANT them to know, either.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Obviously CrossBreed is never going to change, so why not just get a Kingtuk? You get plain clips, and it's going to be at your door in a matter of days rather than weeks. I also saw some at my local Cabelas today.

(Although my vote is still for the MTAC)
    Last edited by tubadude; June 9th, 2012 at 04:43 PM.
    357and40 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    Obviously CrossBreed is never going to change, so why not just get a Kingtuk? You get plain clips, and it's going to be at your door in a matter of days rather than weeks. (Although my vote is still for the MTAC)
    I've been waiting on my Galco order for 6 weeks.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ec4321 View Post
    Now clearly, they are missing out on providing products for a large part of the market - see the poll. But that is their choice, and their choice alone.
    Not necessarily. Your poll only asks "Should Crossbreed offer plain clips as an option?" Not, "Would you only buy a Crossbreed if they offered plain clips?" I'd venture to say the majority of those on your poll would probably buy one, or have already bought one. It's not like everyone that voted will boycott Crossbreed until they make plain clips. A lot of people would like it "as an option," but it's not a deal breaker.
    BigStick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    And as stated crossbreed offers different designs. Would you demand Chevy or Ford remove their logo before you'd buy one of those? And would you expect them to comply? I find it laughable that anyone would think the little crosses are hurting their sales in an appreciable manner. The market has proven crossbreed to be an excellent product. Otherwise the wait times wouldn't be there.
    I think you are comparing a vehicle logo (apples) to a religious symbol (oranges). There is a VERY big difference. Product purpose is also a big factor. Something designed to be hidden (apples) versus something to be driven on the roads (oranges).

There is a long wait for some Justin Bieber items, Does that make them of high quality? While I do not deny CB makes good products, the cosmetic factors versus personal preferences are really the things that are at issue. Not their over all quality.
    ec4321 likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Not necessarily. Your poll only asks "Should Crossbreed offer plain clips as an option?" Not, "Would you only buy a Crossbreed if they offered plain clips?" I'd venture to say the majority of those on your poll would probably buy one, or have already bought one. It's not like everyone that voted will boycott Crossbreed until they make plain clips. A lot of people would like it "as an option," but it's not a deal breaker.
    While true, we could speculate all day as to motivations behind the answers. The poll is simple by design. Crossbreed is missing out on providing the product desired by a large portion of the market, that is what I meant. Sure they may have accepted something less than they wanted. Just as the folks who voted No could have meant many things - A) No, screw the infidels. B) No, never even noticed em. C) No, I don't use the metal clips. D) No, don't own a hybrid nor will ever buy one. E) No, I own White Hat holsters and don't want Crossbreed to make plain clips - it's good business for me. F) No, I'm a BG, and I love exposed CCs. G) No, I am Jesus Christ and I approve that message. H) EC4321 is a &%%@&* and I am going to vote no just to show him.

Edit: And consider, by offering plain clips as an option, the ones that want crosses on their clips are not denied a thing. With that, the 'No' votes are essentially meaningless, unless the voters are intending to deny another consumer the option of plain clips - why would they want to do something like that?
    Last edited by ec4321; June 9th, 2012 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    Contact SHTF Gear,he's on the forum,builds the hi-brid tuckable and offers different clip options.
    +1 on www.shtfgear.com

He even sells just the plain clips if its really that big if a deal.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2
    ec4321 likes this.

FYI, CompTac sell various support options - plain over the belt clips, C-clips (ultimate combo of support and concealment, I would think), and others.
    Mounting Options - They also come in various colors to match your belt(s)

I'm considering buying some C-clips for my CBST one of these days. Though they are a bit pricier than the options noted in earlier posts.
    ec4321 likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by ec4321 View Post
    intending to deny another consumer the option of plain clips - why would they want to do something like that?
    Trying to force YOUR desires upon a company is no different than Anti Gun Legislation and the liberal agenda. Its the whole "I don't like it so it HAS to change".
    RMS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Trying to force YOUR desires upon a company is no different than Anti Gun Legislation and the liberal agenda. Its the whole "I don't like it so it HS to change".
    Relax Smolck.

As I've stated many times, nobody is trying to force anything upon Crossbreed. It's their choice what they do.

I am not sure how you continue to fail to understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    FYI, CompTac sell various support options - plain over the belt clips, C-clips (ultimate combo of support and concealment, I would think), and others.
    Mounting Options - They also come in various colors to match your belt(s)

I'm considering buying some C-clips for my CBST one of these days. Though they are a bit pricier than the options noted in earlier posts.

Oh Man. Thanks for the lead!

I was on their site looking at their holsters, but I missed the clips! Not sure how, I like the slimmer clips and the C-Clips are very interesting indeed!

C-Clips are a pain. They require you take your belt off to remove your holster.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

6 pages over this? Someone needs to get a life. If the cross turns you off of a good product, either get the j-hooks, v-clips or buy another comparable product that doesn't offend your delicate sensibilities. That's the beauty of a capitalistic society. You make a product that you want to make. If it sells well enough you stay in business. If it doesn't you either change or go under. Apparently even with the competition Crossbreed isn't going under.
    tcox4freedom and Spidey2011 like this.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    If you think this is bad check the "Is Kahr still the leader" thread.

I voted no, but it really doesn't matter to me whether they do or not. They are most likely aware of sales estimates for plain clips. I make my own, so I don't own one, but if someone were to ask me about them, I would say that they are a top notch product. I don't think the cross is very noticeable. Heck, most people don't even notice open carry.

I would also recommend SHTF gear, since I know the owner. I stopped by his place last week to look at a dummy gun that he had two of.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links