Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips?

This is a discussion on Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I must tuck 90% of days. That being said I am always on the look out for IWB holsters that are tuck compatible. I came ...

View Poll Results: Should CrossBreed offer plain clips as an option?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 61.84%
  • No

29 38.16%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips?

Should CrossBreed Holsters offer plain clips?

I must tuck 90% of days. That being said I am always on the look out for IWB holsters that are tuck compatible. I came across several brands of the leather and kydex variety and in doing research came across CrossBreed holsters. They have almost all the options and configurations I would want.

However, I cannot bring myself to buy one after asking their customer service if they could or would consider offering an option of plain clips for those of us that must tuck and being treated as if I was asking for something unreasonable. I came to this after wishing the manufacturers would actually offer slimmer version of their clips, something along the lines of what the Minotaur has, perhaps metal but not sure that's important, for reference the Minotaur:

Black-MTAC-PN.jpg

Now for comparison the CrossBreed clips:

2010-10-08 Crossbreed Holster SR9c (02).JPG

To explain the problem:
    1) Plain Clips as an Option.

Some folks must tuck everyday, and having crosses on the clips causes a few problems. One, over plain clips they attract more attention. Even if plain clips are noticed, people may overlook as to not be too nosey, with the crosses that may peak an interest and prompt them to ask what the clips are about. Not to mention coming across someone that is familiar with crossbreed holsters, heck you might as not be concealed at all at that point - not good.

2) Slim Line Clips as an Option (plain as well).

Again, some folks must tuck. Slimmer clips, in line with the width of the minataur (sp?) would be a welcome option for those of us that do. Step 1 is a huge step forward, Step 2 is a enhancement upon that.

FOR THE POLL: Should CrossBreed offer an option of plain clips?

2. Remove Ads

I would think not, the cross is their trademark. I decided to go with White Hat Holster's Maxtuck and got it with the Velcro clips that attach over my pants and to the back of my belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

I didn't like the crossbreed clips either.... So I purchased a Theis Holster. It looks the same but it was cheaper and it had plain clips. I own two of these now. Great holsters
    ec4321, PPKman and nerdyvirgin like this.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    buy a velcro belt and get the velcro clips, love my crossbreeds have two of them and the velcro belt...Glock 23 small.jpg
    tcox4freedom and Foo909 like this.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    FOR THE POLL: Should CrossBreed offer an option of plain clips?
    They do!

Crossbreed offers several types of holster clips; including "J" hooks; "velco" hooks and a couple of other types. (You aren't stuck with standard clips)

Having done business with Crossbreed for years, I find you story about customer service hard to believe. My quess is you came here to hate on "your" competitor; and get some free advertising.

-
    9mmHP likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan6 View Post
    I would think not, the cross is their trademark.
    No other concealed carry holster, that I am aware of, exposes an identifiable trademark for all to see. It defeats the purpose of a concealed carry holster. Their trademark is on the leather-backing. Which is fine. The Clips, are a deal breaker for me.

They might as well say: Concealed Firearm Holster Clip

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    Crossbreed offers several types of holster clips; including "J" hooks; "velco" hooks and a couple of other types. (You aren't stuck with standard clips)

-
    Not clips that put the burden of the weight on the actual belt with positive mechanical contact, meaning the clip goes OVER the belt. Clearly this is the ideal clip. Everything else is a comprimise upon the premise for those that wish to sacrifice some of these load transfer qualities for more hidden clips.

Better options out there, in my opinion. I wouldn't waste another second trying to sway them.

I, too, spoke with CB customer service about a different, more nondescript option but turned down. Was upset at the time but very grateful now. This forced me to find an alternative producer, which led me to Tommy Theis! I prefer Tommy's product with better pricing and lead time.

Glad to see someone else thinking the same way!

Sent from my rotary dial phone using tapatalk.
    ec4321 and nerdyvirgin like this.

I carry daily at work, per the handbook permission has been granted by the owner and cleared through HR. A few out on the prduction floor know me outside of work and prior to my employment. That having been said no looks, no questions, and of thoes I speak most would welcome not having to dis-arm for work.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I think that 99% of people would not notice the clips let alone the cross. That said if crossbreed wants to sell you a holster they will listen to the customer. My experience with crossbreed has be excellent!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

The Velcro clips are the way to go, completely impossible to spot.

I have had a CBST for about a year and love the holster..... I hate the fact that there are crosses on the clips. I had heard great reviews on this site and others about this holster. When I looked on the website i failed to notice that there were crosses on the clips, and that's my fault. Having spent $80 and having a limited income I can't bring myself to buy another holster right now. When in considered the name of the company I assumed it was tied to the holsters being a "cross" or hybrid between leather and kydex holsters. I had no idea that the company was trying to promote their religion, which they are entitled to do. But as a customer who does not share their religious beliefs I don't appreciate such advertisements. I realize they probably strongly believe in their religion, I just don't see the need to incorporate it into their product. I do like how the clips carry the weight and so the other options they offer are less desirable. I have to decide if I am willing to sacrifice security and comfort for clips that don't spout religious beliefs.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    I do own a Crossbreed Supertuck holster. I bought it knowing the clips had crosses on them. This didn't deter me in the least. Clips with crosses or not, if the wearer blouses the shirt over the belt a little the clips are unseen anyway and this even helps hide the printing of some handguns grips. YMMV.
    RMS likes this.
    SCGunLover1

That's the main reason why I have not even considered purchasing from them. I know they make great holsters, but I must carry IWB with tuckable holster.
    ec4321 likes this.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links