New holster

This is a discussion on New holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wanted to brag a little on my new purchase. It hasn't arrived yet but its going to ship middle of next week. I did ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New holster

New holster

Just wanted to brag a little on my new purchase. It hasn't arrived yet but its going to ship middle of next week. I did a ton of research on 1911 forums and what not trying to find a well made comfortable holster for my sr1911. I have been shooting the snot out of it and absolutely love it and want to rotate it in my edc. I found a lot of rave reviews on the Kelley gun leather c-flex. So I ordered one. I wanted a custom leather holster well made and didn't want to drop $200 or wait 6-8 months. I paid right at $110 shipped with insurance made with horse hide. Mr Steven called me and discussed the order the next day due to the fact I had a lot of questions. He was so pleasant to deal with and very helpful. Well two weeks go by and after taking a shooting class I start to think, I probably need a magazine holder due to the 8rd magazines in the 1911. So after clearing the purchase with the *cough* boss, and convincing her its an early fathers day gift, I go to Kelley's website. To my dismay he has stopped taking orders for like 8 weeks due to massive back orders!!.
    I sent Mr Steven an email asking to call me whenever he could to discuss my order. He called me within 2 hours! What great customer service! We discussed the option of a Mag holder he has possibly laying around but says "wouldn't you want it to match your holster?" I said well yes but I saw your not making any new orders? He says is this what you want? I said yea, and that was it! He said it will still go out next week and you will get it in a few days! I was blown away by his great customer service. I can't recommend them enough based on this. I will do a full review on the holster in a week or two! Sorry for the long winded rant. I just feel its only right to tell my good friends here when I come across good....or bad....customer service!

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    nerdyvirgin likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Isn't it nice when things work out well! Enjoy.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I hope you are as happy once your holster arrives and you put it to work. I'm looking forward to your review.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    To my dismay he has stopped taking orders for like 8 weeks due to massive back orders!!.
    Now you know why to NEVER brag up a company on a forum like this!
    I hope you don't develop my affliction...holster love. I bought my Ruger SR9c and within a month I had 3 holsters for it and a piece of leather to make another of my own!
    Ace
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Oh I definitely have that problem! I just look at a 1911 and say to myself "that needs a nice leather holster" so that's what i did! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I bought a Milt Sparks VMII holster on Gun Broker from a proclaimed licensed dealer with lots of positive feedback. Got it in about a week. My Colt Combat Commander loves it, as do I.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I have two C-flex's from Steven. One is cow and the other is horse. In a few week's I'll place an order for my 3rd C-flex and it will be horse with natural oil finish and I'm thinking black thread on this one. I love both of my c-flex's and prefer horse leather. You will be very happy with your holster from Steven.
    Remember, Life is not like a box of chocolate's.. It's more like a jalapeno pepper, because what you decide upon today can really burn your butt tomorrow..

Got my holster and oh my! What a gorgeous home for my ruger 1911! Pics below! I am so pleased with the craftsmanship of his work. For the price and time being made he will definitely receive more business from me. Product speaks for itself!

So pleased with the color.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I had to double bag my railed 1911 to stretch it out, it slide's in and out like butter. I've had mine for about 3 month's and waiting untill Steven start back accepting order's.Great looking rig!!
    Remember, Life is not like a box of chocolate's.. It's more like a jalapeno pepper, because what you decide upon today can really burn your butt tomorrow..

P95
    Nice

Great story and beautiful holster! Enjoy! I need a holster for my Colt Commander XSE and Kimber Tactical II Your post may increase Mr. Stevens work load
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I received word from Steven last week that my CC would be charged and he would be starting on my two holsters. Waiting patiently.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found raped and dead in an alley, strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker took two to the chest.

sgb
    Other than decoration what does the piece sewn to the front accomplish? As it doesn't wrap around the mouth I can't see how it would do anything towards keeping the mouth from collapsing when the guns not in the holster.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Other than decoration what does the piece sewn to the front accomplish? As it doesn't wrap around the mouth I can't see how it would do anything towards keeping the mouth from collapsing when the guns not in the holster.
    That is what its for. Not sure as to function but will let you know as soon as I'm back from work! ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Save for the edge finishing that I can't see in these pics, your rig has all the hallmarks of a well-made set of products. Well done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links