Defensive Carry banner

What cant do you prefer for j-frame IWB 4:00 carry

• neutral

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 15-20 degrees

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • other

Votes: 1 2.6%

Question for those who carry snubbies IWB and strong side hip (3-5 o'clock)

5K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  SWIll 
#1 ·
Do you prefer forward cant or do you prefer neutral straight drop for your IWB snubbies at the 4 0'clock position. Also, if you have a remora or a custom holster, how deep do you like to carry.

I have a 442/remora that I find I naturally give a good 20 or so degree cant. However, I've been experimenting and it seems that the neutral drop seems to work if I carry very low, so that only the grip is above the belt. I'm thinking of getting a nice leather holster, and I was curious about the different ways people iwb their j frames. Thanks

#2 ·
Personally, I do appendix carry no cant with a tuckable inside the waistband. I use an inexpensive holster and find it works great and is comfortable.
https://acecase.com/gun-holsters/

#9 ·
Personally, I do appendix carry no cant with a tuckable inside the waistband. I use an inexpensive holster and find it works great and is comfortable.
https://acecase.com/gun-holsters/
\

^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^

Same here.

As an around the house/yard pistol, or as a BUG to my M&P
Carry opposite draw(right side) appendix.
Inexpensive Galco holster.

#3 ·
~18 degree and mine rides low--as ou have described
if i pull my cover garmet back you would just see the grip
mine is at 3:30

i also have a M60 3" and so the hammer will not catch, it rides a little higher and at 12 degrees; same 3:30

but its how it feels for you that counts
and ensure the belt clips stays on the belt as you draw.
---the Ace holster clips do not have the "J" cut out
i don't trust them unless you have to thread the belt.
its extra time to get dressed but it stays put. FWIW

#4 ·
ensure the belt clips stays on the belt as you draw.
---the Ace holster clips do not have the "J" cut out
i don't trust them unless you have to thread the belt.
its extra time to get dressed but it stays put. FWIW
I use an Ace holster and it has a great metal clip that holds tightly. Takes some effort to take off belt. See photo as to the type of clip it has. Don't know if this is the type of "J" clip you speak of.

Footwear Knitting Shoe Fashion accessory

#5 ·
I use Galco J hook holsters for a lot of my carry guns. I also carry AIWB with zero cant.

#11 ·
I carry mine @3 to 3:30 in a Remora...so I can adjust the cant by how I place it.
I have found that more degrees of forward cant, helps to conceal mine under thin clothes like a t-shirt, but I have a "spare tire" which tends to push the grip outward also.

#17 ·
My S&W 340 M&P rides in a Remora IWB, at about 3:30ish....

Nice and low, so that only the grip would show if I lifted my shirt...

Not sure about the cant angle, but it seems about "standard" for most holsters (not neutral cant angle, but probably about 15 degrees)

I always preferred loops over clips, and would never have considered a totally clipless system.....
but the Remora works! Seems perfect for lightweight guns like a j-frame!

#20 ·
I carry AIWB, so no cant for me.

Either a Remora or Mr. Softy for my snubs

Sent from my Galaxy S2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.