Holster Suggestions forIWB carry of old Colt Official Police 4" barrel?

This is a discussion on Holster Suggestions forIWB carry of old Colt Official Police 4" barrel? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently decided to get my concealed carry permit, and for the time being would like to carry my old Colt Official Police, .38 Special ...

Thread: Holster Suggestions forIWB carry of old Colt Official Police 4" barrel?

I recently decided to get my concealed carry permit, and for the time being would like to carry my old Colt Official Police, .38 Special with 4" barrel.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an IWB holter? I'm leaning toward appendix carry position, although 4 or 5 o'clock is a possibility-won't know until I actually try each position with a holster. I'd prefer something 'tuckable' and adjustable for cant. Up until now, I've been unable to find anything appropriate.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

RDF

I don't think you want to appendix carry a 4" barrel...unless you never sit down during the day. It will get uncomfortable.

Sounds like you need a Crossbreed or similar styled tuckable leather/kydex holster. If you don't like Crossbreed, there's also Kholster, Comptac, Old Faithful holsters, and you can probably find various makers on ebay as well. Many of these are also adjustable for cant. The full size holsters (two clips, which is what I'd recommend for comfort and concealability) are not suited for appendix carry, they are meant to be carried at the 4-5 o'clock position you are also considering.

Edit: Hmm, looking at the various holster makers there doesn't seem to be a lot of support for old Colt revolvers. You may have to go the more universal Desantis or Galco tuckable route. They'll work, and will allow appendix carry as well.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Rob Leahy at Simply Rugged made one for my Colt Viper(Aluminum framed Police Positive). Try there.

Sponsored Links