Styles and types of Tuckable Holsters

This is a discussion on Styles and types of Tuckable Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys...this thread isnt a blatant and shameless plug for any of my leather....Id love to see what you guys have and have found for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Styles and types of Tuckable Holsters

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar

Hey guys...this thread isnt a blatant and shameless plug for any of my leather....Id love to see what you guys have and have found for Tuckable style holsters. There are many great things on the market.

I took what I liked about most of the ones Ive used and made improvements where I found them necessary. Below Ill give you the readers digest version.

GS Tuckable was a design for very comfortable long term carry of the tucked in nature. Very stable and very strong. For larger s/auto carry guns.

Pro Tuckable is a much more compact holster with the same belt attachment as the GS. One very strong arm, steel reinforced and TONS of stitching/area at the bottom for strength. This is a pet peave of mine. Lots of tuckables out on the market are good designs but the arm comes loose where it attaches to the holster.
    My Galco similar to this came loose after 2 days of carrying with it.

Com 3 Tuckable has deeper cutouts on both sides of the gun for tucking your shirt down and around the firearm. This is a very stable carry method as with any offset loop holster design.

Many great makers use different twists to make their Tuckables work...and mine are no better than the next guys. They just might work better for certain people...thats all.

Hope this has been a good read......
    Shoot well and god bless.
    Last edited by Eric Larsen; September 14th, 2006 at 10:45 AM.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Lead Moderator
    Very nice work. all the tuckable mount/arm look very stable and strong. I had a Tuckable Desantis nylon. it would move alot with walking ,ect.
    I think the tuckable got a bad rap from poor designed holsters. I know the kydex rig I created w/ tuckable clips is very stable.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Very nice work. Pro Tuckable looks like a great design for a lighter gun. What would you recommend for a light weight 1911 commander, COM3? I guess I am taking the bait, hook line and sinker...
    "Sic Semper Tyrannis"

VIP Member
    I have two of Eric's COM holsters (and have one for the HK P7 "under construction")....excellent leather!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Eric,
    I am thinking of putting some money down on a K&D Cochise Defender. I like that I can wear it IWB (tuckable) and OWB. Do you have anything in the works like this?

Well, not at the moment. Kevin makes some good stuff...Mark Garrity also makes one like your talking about. Check them both out and Im sure youll be happy with whatever you get.
    Shoot well and god bless

Senior Moderator
    Eric,

Great lookin' holsters, thanks for posting.

eric,
    you may remember me, i called you several days ago and had to hang up early because i got a business call that i had to take (and i never got around to calling you back).
    the picture of your gs tuckable is beautiful work. how does it compare in stability to your com3? do you make a com3 with deeper cutouts than pictured enabling long tail tuck in?
    thanks,

Well...Ive been working on a design that is more comfy and allows deeper tucking in for a Com 3. Heres the prototype 1911 tuckable.
    I can go a tad deeper in the cutouts but not much more than this.

As far as the stability of the GS vs Com 3 goes...its hard to quantify it. The GS has the exagerated drops at the bottom which creates stability and comfort but has the single belt loop. Id say its close to as stable as the com 3, but a offset loop holster will always be more stable than a stacked loop design. Make sense?

Hope that answers your questions and thanks........
    God bless
    Last edited by Eric Larsen; September 15th, 2006 at 01:26 PM.

Hey Eric- plug away. You do beautiful work!
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Eric, I'm liking the great reviews of your work...Anyways I'm in the market for a couple of good leathers. I'll be in touch.

Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larsen View Post
    thats an awesome looking holster eric. what would be the possibility of getting a holster like that with kydex clips like the vm2 has (optional) for tucking? ive been searching for a tuckable holster that will allow me to tuck in a long tail dress shirt without bunching up from only having an inch or two of room. when the shirt bunches up it creates more width making an already uncomfortable IWB even worse.

.....ive grown to hate hate hate hate this process of finding a tuckable IWB that is both comfortable and effective. so far the only IWB holster ive found that i can stand to wear is the little $8 IWB sock from gunmate which is also useless to me because it isnt tuckable and it offers no retention (nothing like hearing a $1000 pistol hit the floor when starting to use the restroom). my piles of wasted money and uncomfortable holsters continues to get bigger and bigger and im no closer to finding the right IWB holster than when i started several hundred dollars ago.

yours are indeed looking better and better to me.

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    i got one of those gunmate thingys to lol waiting for one of bromlands wounder holsters and mr larsens work dose look fine to might have to put in an order for one of his to

Actually, I have no clue whether or not the VM2 kydex clips will go on my stuff or not. The loops are held in place by a SS 6/32 screw that goes into a Tnut. If that helps then maybe it will work. This particular holster doesnt require anything else to make it tuckable. You just put your shirt in the cutouts and blouse it out. Works so far for everyone who has tried it.
    All good questions and thanks for the kind words.........I does the best I can.
    shoot well and god bless

Great looking leather, Eric.

I really like the way the COM3s look!

Do you find the GS Tuckable and Pro Tuckable to be noticably less comfortable than the COM3 on account of the clip stacked on top of the holster? (as opposed to out to the side; making the holster both less "thick" and also able to better spread the footprint of the gun out)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links