Carrying a 1911 without a belt?

This is a discussion on Carrying a 1911 without a belt? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No. ... "Dress around the gun" has limits for me too.. but I've had some very heavy rigs ride just fine on the right belt....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Carrying a 1911 without a belt?

No.

"Dress around the gun" has limits for me too.. but I've had some very heavy rigs ride just fine on the right belt.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

2. Remove Ads

Normal walking around and NO running or activity....Outside on the range sometimes if wearing good pair bluejeans that's a little tight, I just jam it in behind my wallet in the right hip pocket. Full-sized 1911A-1 rides there just fine walking around and such, but actually you can draw very quickly from this position. A short barrel will fall out on the ground.... Cover it with a loose untucked shirt. If you are wearing a belt and don't want to mess with a holster....try the OSS (predecessor to the CIA) holster....Just grab an old shoe string and tie it together to form a big loop. Reach down between the belt and your jeans/pants and pull half of it up to you so that you have two loops and put the gun through them and into your pants. It will have enough slack to allow the gun to go down just the right amount and stay there, even while running. When you draw fast, make sure to come back and out with it so the sight doesn't get snagged (high rise front ones are prone to this-rear is no problems). Purpose was foreign country if caught with a gun could be killed, a person could ditch the firearm quickly and hopefully the shoestring...if not...well, it was just a shoestring....or was it? A shoulder holster works well too with a loose floppy shirt to cover it.

VIP Member
    +1 on the shoulder rig.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Galco Triton IWB would work but it still would lack some stability. I have used one but always with a good belt.
    A Wise Man Changes His Mind, but a Fool Never Does

Suspender holster!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    As mentioned bellyband, smartcarry or shoulder. Only way that would be safe IMHO. I strongly dislike going belt-less even on the times I can't carry I still use my Wilderness belt. I put off getting a nice "gun belt" for longer then I should, and have since never looked back. I love mine.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

VIP Member
    As others have mentioned everything, Smartcary, Belly band, Remora, shoulder rig, certain paddles. I used the string in foreign countries.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links