Remora Holster With SS

This is a discussion on Remora Holster With SS within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm going to be ordering a Remora holster for my SR9C. I have researched and heard nothing but good things on the Remora. I do ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remora Holster With SS

Remora Holster With SS

I'm going to be ordering a Remora holster for my SR9C. I have researched and heard nothing but good things on the Remora. I do have a question on ordering one with the sweat shield which I'm leaning towards. The question is, does the sweat shield make the holster feel more bulkier and does the sweat shield rub and stick to your back? I like to carry about 5:00 position. Thanks

2. Remove Ads

I carry my M&P 9c in a Remora with a standard SS not the full one at 3:00. I don't think it is that bulky and it sticks to whatever it touches. I have worn mine all day and it has cause no discomfort on my skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

I too carry one every now and then. My phantom took its place. Its a fine holster and mine is with the ss. I haven't found it to be uncomfortable at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I have the full sweat shield for a M&P compact. It's not bulkier (thicker), but it is larger so it covers the whole grip. I like it because I can use it without a t-shirt under my regular shirt. Other holsters I need a t-shirt underneath for comfort. The size depends on your gun size.

I carry my SR40c in a Remora ART with full sweat shield. It works great for me at about 3:30 - 4:00. Very comfortable.

I carry my SR40c in a Remora ART with the full sweat shield. I carry it at about the 4:00 position. It is very comfortable, and not bulky at all.

I should find out by the end of the week. I ordered a Ramora with standard ss for my Ruger SR9c this morning.

I tried one with SS and did not like it because I could not get a good grip on the gun. I exchanged it for a reinforced top without a SS and love it

Full Sweat shield is a great option. Basically the sweatshield makes the holster more comfortable and keeps your gun dry. It does not stick out or make anything bigger. You can still draw the handgun fine.

Distinguished Member
    While I like the Remora, I have now moved to the Sticky Holster as it is thinner and seems to hold better (where my Remora would occasionally just start to work its way either up or down). I am intrigued by the new OWB Remora and will have to try one sometime.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ecucmgt View Post
    Full Sweat shield is a great option. Basically the sweatshield makes the holster more comfortable and keeps your gun dry. It does not stick out or make anything bigger. You can still draw the handgun fine.
    Sounds like it would be similar to my Nate squared Tactical Original. It would take a ton of practice for me to get my thumb between the grip and the shield. I can't currently draw it well, even with what
    practice I've had so far. It's one reason I'm getting the Remora with the basic SS, I want a better grasp of the gun when I go to draw it.

I just checked out the sticky holster web site. They do appear a little thinner so, now I need to decide between the Remora or the Sticky.

Cool Have a sticky and 5 remora

The Remora is the best concealed carry I have used in 30 years of carrying. The Sticky holster does not have their material wrapped on the inside edge and has no gun retention. The outside material is not as grippy as the Remora and it seems the wetter the Remora gets the gripper it gets. Me and my new 19 went in the shower together danced around jumped up and down 19 stayed right where it got put, but what do you expect from some thing named after a fish. Am thinking of doing a swimming u tube video but it would probably go viral and life would never be the same again.

Mikiep,
    I have to agree with Snidley, I too believe the Remora has better materials and quality. The sticky holster appears to have the edges sewn with some type of nylon ribbon, where as the Remore uses the same rubbery material as the holster to bind the edges. I have found that the standard sweat shield works well, the holsters with the ART cut have a slightly lower cut on the outside of the holster so you can grip the gun better when you draw, I did not like the ART cut as much as the standard cut. I have worn my Remora close to a year now, its still as sticky as the day I bought it and shows no sign of any wear. Remora customer service is excellent and the holster has a lifetime guarantee.

I have the sticky for my LC9 and love it. I too was going to get the remora since it was the first IWB I saw without a clip. I got the sticky from a local gun store

It's very nice and it sticks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links