Defensive Carry banner

having a problem with two Comp Tac holsters

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  miller_man 
#1 · (Edited)
i like Comp Tac kydex holsters. i've bought six of them on Ebay and four of them work beautifully. BUT: with two of them, i CANNOT draw the gun when i'm WEARING the holster on my belt/pants. it shouldn't be that i'm drawing incorrectly, otherwise the other four should not work either (?). if i hold the holster and gun in my hands, i can draw the gun just fine. it's not that the retention screws are too tight - i have had them loosened to the point where the gun will fall out if the holster is turned upside down.

i called Comp Tac and was told that since i bought these holsters where i did, that they weren't covered by any warranty. the rep suggested that i take a heat gun or hot hair dryer to the retention dimple in the trigger guard, which would "relax" the dimple and possibly fix the problem. one holster is a paddle for a Sig P-226R, (though i am using it with a P-220R) and the other is a belt loop holster for a non-railed Sig P-229.

i would love to know that i am not the only person who has ever had this problem, and i'd be even happier to learn of a remedy.

i have never had this problem with any of my many Blade Tech kydex holsters, either.

i think i'll try Raven Concealment Systems next time: their warranty: "If you wear out or break a piece of RCS gear, we will repair or replace it at no charge - FOREVER. It doesn't matter where you bought it, when you bought it, or how you broke it. No fine print - no exceptions. Just return the product to us and we will make it right. It is a TRULY unconditional lifetime warranty."

See less See more
#4 ·
Try using them for the guns they were molded for,If the slide is thicker on the 220 than the 226 they may fit off the belt,but once you wear them the pressure from the leather against the gun is probably causing it to wedge against the kydex

#5 ·
Silly question... Did you try loosening the pressure screws? I have 3 Minotaur M-TACS and a Comp TAC 2-O'Clock. All of them required adjustment to the pressure screws but other than that, nothing.

#7 ·
I bought one and had the same issue. It was for my CZ P-01, I COULD NOT get the gun out of the holster when it was on my belt! I tried for three days, loosened ALL the screws almost all the way and NOTHING! It was fine holstering in and out holding the holster and gun in my hands but as soon as I put in on my belt I couldn't remove it. I actually pulled a muscle a little in my shoulder trying. Ya, I remember really twisting the gun I could break it free, but thats not how its supposed to be. I sent it back with a letter telling of my troubles and gave them my contact info if they wanted to discuss it. I got a full refund and never heard anything. I won't bash em, obviously they make good products with so many happy customers, I just think that holster wasn't going to work with that gun. it has some really protruding levers. Plus for me the kydex was kinda loud. That was awhile ago, I have sinced moved on to appendix carry and a compact gun, which I like all around better. The P-01 isn't too EDC friendly for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.