Defensive Carry banner

DeSantis mini scabbard - great lightweight leather holster

11K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  dgunnut 
#1 ·
i just got the DeSantis mini scabbard for my M&P9c. it is a great holster.

the leather is thinner than the Galco Concealable, and it is considerably lighter. i dont really see the thin leather as being a problem with longevity or retention.

holster does not move around and sits comfortably strong side behind the hip.

the angle the gun sits at is not like the galco concealable... it is more verticle. so i wouldnt recommend this holster with a gun with a longer grip, as the grip will poke out of your shirt.

this holster is half the cost of the galco. wish i would have discovered this one before buying a couple galco's.

#6 ·
first holster i ever had was a don hume OWB thumb break. fuhghettaboutit.

leather holster retains fine. playing with the dog, rolling around, riding the 4-wheeler on the ranch, quick light sprint to catch the metro rail, etc. its not gonna come out. you dont need a thumb break.

i felt that the crossbreed kydex had more of a chance to fall out than any of my leather ones.

a matter of personal preference, leather just feels better quality and doesn't feel cheap.

leather sounds better holstering it. ahhh, slide the baby right in. schwiipppp. rather than it sound like plastic banging around my pistol when holstering into kydex. well, thats my crude description. hopefully yall know what i'm talking about.

its like shutting the door of an acura, and shutting the door of a mercedes. acura can try all they want, but the door just doesn't have the right feel, quality, and sound when it shuts.

#9 ·
Thanks everyone. I just got one on eBay for my Glock 27. Paid $44.18 + Free Shipping....hope that was a good deal. I would not have made the purchase without everyone's feedback on this thread.
:danceban:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.