Comp Tac - Two O'clock (appendix)

This is a discussion on Comp Tac - Two O'clock (appendix) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I never really had given appendix carry much thought, but a couple of friends of mine ended up there, and I started experimenting. I played ...

Thread: Comp Tac - Two O'clock (appendix)

Comp Tac - Two O'clock (appendix)

I never really had given appendix carry much thought, but a couple of friends of mine ended up there, and I started experimenting. I played with some of my existing IWBs and decided the concept might work for me, but realized a dedicated appendix holster would probably be needed for a fair assessment. I've been a Comp Tac fan for both products and their top shelf customer service. I've used their belt holsters for IDPA/USPSA and their C-Tac IWB for 7 or 8 years (?), I'm guessing, so naturally, they got my first look.

I orderd the 2 o'clock slide, with J- hook, on line and had it in my mailbox in 6 days. Vey easy on and off and more stable than i expected. It sits just high enough off the belt to allow a full grip on the gun, but is still not top heavy with my Glock 19. I havent tried it with a 26, but I wouldn't expect a top heavy problem there either. I am really surprised how well I can conceal with this holster. I tucked in a t-shirt with shorts/ instructors belt yesterday and told my 17 year old that I'd give her a $20 if she could figure out where my gun was during a lunch run. Not a clue. My 17 shouldn't be an issue concealing either, especially with a slightly larger shirt. I don't work for CT, and normally don't post reviews, just thought I'd share my experience. If you've never tried appendix carry, you might give it a chance. Maybe the new hasn't worn off yet, but so far, I'm sold.

2. Remove Ads

I carry AIWB every single day. But not in that 2:00. It COULD be a great holster if they would redesign the clip. But they will not so mine sits in my "useless holster box". The problem with the clip is that it does not secure the holster to the belt . Oh it may work well when you are just standing around but try to bend over or even worse, get into a wrestling match with some thug and I guarantee you that your gun and holster will fall out of your trousers. BTDT. I contacted Comptac to see if they could somehow make a better clip but the blew me off. If you like that type of holster (which I do also) a MUCH better choice would be a Shaggy from Custom Carry Concepts. The holster is available with a kydex loop that makes the gun/holster falling out of the pants impossible. In addition, you can order it with a comfort or competetion leather backing, a really nice touch. I have no connection wit CCC but I do like their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog7972s View Post
    I carry AIWB every single day. But not in that 2:00. It COULD be a great holster if they would redesign the clip.
    I can see the clip being a potential problem when bending over if it doesn't engage your belt properly. I use clips on my c-tac and experience some of what you are describing when the older versions spread with use on certain belts. On the 2o'clock, I have the J-hook and haven't experienced the problem you describe, with any belt. From your description, I'm assuming you are using the clip rather than the hook. Yes?

Btw ... I've spent some more time with this holster and it's become my almost all the time rig. I've carried a 26 or 19 in it most of the time. A 17 works but probably won't be comfortable for some when sitting.

I use this holster for my j-frame... It ended up at 4 oclock... that was the only way my beer-baby would tolerate it.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I won't use a holster with a J hook. I carry AIWB most of the time with either a Dale Fricke Archangel or Garrett Industries Slim AIWB. Do you have the option of changing out the attachment point or is the J hook permanent?

The hook or clip is removable. They attach forward of the trigger guard via the retention adjustment screws.

I carry AIWB most of the time. I have never liked clips for the reasons another poster stated above. I do use one holster (Fist #K1B) that has a clip, but it is a very well designed steel clip. I prefer loops that snap around the belt (two loops so I can straddle the first belt loop of my pants). I have a Cane and Derby (their older style AIWB) and a JM Custom Kydex AIWB (for different guns). Both are comfortable, conceal well and THEY STAY WHERE I PUT THEM.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I have one of these for my LCR and don't like how high the LCR rides.

I took the rear attachment off a C-Tac and put it in place of the standard clip. It rides at the right height now, but the leather pokes me right in the femoral artery when sitting down. I need to rework the attachment, but it works much better (more concealable) when riding lower.
    comp-tac-2-o-clock-modification.jpg

Links