Defensive Carry banner

More vintage gunleather...for a K frame Smith and Wesson this time

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Mattmann 
#1 ·
Hey all. You may remember a while back, I posted some pics of my grandad's old intricately decorated 1911 holster that I occasionally use to OC. Today, I bought myself a really nice old nickel Smith and Wesson Model 13 revolver in .357 Magnum. I got to thinking about getting a holster for this gun (which I still will) but remembered that the K Frame has been in service for a long time...and I just bet I've got a holster for one in my display case.

Sure enough, I found one...a little less glamorous this time but I'm sure it's got a lot of history behind it. I know nothing about this one other than what is stamped on it. It's possible my grandfather carried a K-Frame service revolver at one point during his time in the air force.

On the rear of the holster is stamped "Philips Police Equipment Co. Washington, D.C."

This one is interesting in that it can be configured to either work with or without a strap for retention.

And, if you haven't seen the other thread, this is the Model 13 sitting in it.

I know this isn't nearly the eye candy that the other one was, but I figured there may be someone on here who once carried a K Frame in a service holster like this and might enjoy seeing another.

See less See more
#4 ·
I know this isn't nearly the eye candy that the other one was, but I figured there may be someone on here who once carried a K Frame in a service holster like this and might enjoy seeing another.
Very, very first pistol I ever qual'd in was a K-frame in .38spl - Model 15 in blue. IIRC, the belt holster was very similar but a belt loop instead of the hooks.

#6 ·
When I first started in LE we had SW victory models that shot 38 special, next we moved up to Smith model 65 stainless that shot 357 mag, last thing I carried before I retired was the Smith M&P in 40SW. I'm a revolver man down deep. Now working part time with the sheriffs office and we have Glock 17 9mm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.