First post!

First post!

This is a discussion on First post! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wow... I never knew this forum even existed until just recently! First, I just have to say that it feels good to be sharing a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First post!

First post!

Wow... I never knew this forum even existed until just recently! First, I just have to say that it feels good to be sharing a small bit of the internet with all the good folks here.

Now, on to business... I've been looking for a quality leather IWB for my Taurus 24/7 for a few weeks now. After lurking around here a bit, I wrote a few e-mails off to see what products would meet my needs best. I have to give my best regards to Jarhead at Ugly Bald Guy Holsters. He was more than friendly, messaging back with all the answers to my off-the-wall questions.

Next, I have to share this quick story... Not five minutes after sending an email off to K&D Holsters, I got a phone call from Kevin himself. He said, "I was just going to reply to your message, but I thought I could probably explain it better if I spoke to you in person..." We spoke for a good ten minutes, and at the end, I felt he knew what I wanted better than I did myself.

After consulting with my Resident Houshold Financial Advisor, ("Honey, I don't have a holster for the new pistol yet... can I get one?") I ordered the Coshise Defender. Now the wait starts...

Welcome from California; you will find some outstanding holster makers here, and they all are first rate and friendly!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Senior Moderator
    Welcome to the forum!

We have a veritable who's who of the holster crafting world here.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    Welcome from Alabama.

Jarhead is producing some good looking holsters. Our other holster makers here are all cream of the crop. I can tell you from experience that you will love the Cochise Defender. Got mine in just a week and a half ago. I don't have it on right now because it is my outside the house holster. When I get home and put on some jeans I swap over to my KD Paddle Holster and wear it in the house or for short trips.

Up until I got the paddle holster I put my Kel-Tec P32 with KD Pocket Defender 2 in 1 in my pocket every morning when I got out of the show and put on some shorts for breakfast. Since the paddle holster arrived I am much better armed in the morning. I simply slip it on.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Assistant Administrator
    Hello

Thanks for the great intro.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thanks, everybody. You know, it's kind of odd. I'm in my forties; been involved in the shooting sports (in some way) since I was in my early teens. I had never put much thought into what it takes to make something as seemingly simple as a gun holster. I figured... cut a hunk of leather, sew it in the shape of a gun, and voila! Instant holster.

South Florida being what it is (and getting worse by the day), I finally jumped off the fence and got my CCW license. And I started shopping for a holster. Keeping in mind the adage "concealed means concealed", I figured I could just "google" on what's the best holster, and the answer would pop right out at me...

HA!

Looking around at the different offerings, some mass-produced, and some made painstakingly by hand, one at a time, I came to realize that there's a whole lot I don't know about leather-working, and about CCW in general. It seems like holster-making is an art that combines the best of old-world craftsmanship, with the newest materials modern science can produce, all mindful of the human anatomy in motion.

I hope nobody minds if I lurk around, picking up whatever I can, and possibly adding wherever I can.

Assistant Administrator
    I hope nobody minds if I lurk around, picking up whatever I can, and possibly adding wherever I can.
    That Sir is both your privelage and we hope, something you will do to the full
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Welcome.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Welcome to the best forum on the net..........no kidding!
    Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

VIP Member
    Well shuckie darns, I've gotta add a welcome too from Nevada!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Welcome, from the "Land of Enchantment", New Mexico.

Administrator

I'm Happy That You Found Us.

It's about time you got here!

Join Right In...you're surrounded by a whole bunch of friendly, GREAT people!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Welcome. Eric is right. I have to ask...Is it CeeTee, like the pliers???
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

hey congrats on showing up here!....these people are great and full of knowledge. If you want info on holsters......there is NO better place on the net. There is more holster making experiece on this site than any i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!! all great people and willing to help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links