Sig P238 wallet holster...

This is a discussion on Sig P238 wallet holster... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently acquired a Sig P238 and have currently been front pocket carrying it in an Uncle Mike's Sidekick (Size #3) and it works great ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig P238 wallet holster...

Sig P238 wallet holster...

I recently acquired a Sig P238 and have currently been front pocket carrying it in an Uncle Mike's Sidekick (Size #3) and it works great out around town in cargo shorts but I am looking for something a little more discreet for carry at work. Really interested in a thin leather wallet style holster that keeps the grip from printing.

The best option to me that I have found so far is the Talon wallet holster:

It appears pretty thin and also covers up the end of the grip. It is $50 though which is kinda much compared to others, I realize you get what you pay for though.

The only other option I have found is the crossbreed pocket rocket, which looks great but appears the corner of the grip could still possibly print and it appears (just by looking online) that it may be a little thicker:

So looking for any options or suggestions, really would like some feedback on the Talon holsters if anyone has used one.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    I carried mine in my Tumi but it kept scratching my AmEx. Har har har.....sorry
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Found another option:

Daltech Force:

Again any comments would be appreciated, I'm really looking for a thin pocket holster that will keep the grip from printing.

This seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, thin, 'one piece' leather, covers the complete grip. Just haven't heard anything about this company. Also looking at getting one of their single layer bull hide belts as my crossbreed one is a little thick.

I can't bring my self to sit on a gun, but if I were to get one of these, I'd get one that covers the safety.
    The 238 safety is very positive, but remember, it's single action only.

I'll be using it in the front pocket most probably. I wear Tru-spec 24/7 pants at work so the pockets are plenty big enough.

Your thread made me realize that holsters (Desantis Nemesis and Uncle Mikes) are not ideal for front pocket carry. I just ordered the wallet holster by Talon. I need the grip not to print.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

P95
    Cute pocket rocket....

I carry the P238 every day in jeans, but I don't care if the grip slightly prints. For my purposes, everyone that knows me, knows that I carry, and if you don't know me, I've just got a thick wallet or something in my pocket. I am not breaking Texas law unless the 'print' is an unmistakeable handgun, and the grip cannot be really told by looking.
    I really like both of the holsters that you have found,and I agree, the thinner the better. I have been front pocket carrying since Texas said I could, and I've looked at every holster that can be looked at!!. I make holsters for myself and I use one that doesn't cover the grips, but again it doesn't matter to me that it doesn't cover the grip - What is important to me is a clean draw and an upright gun. You can see my holster by clicking on my name and looking in my album.
    Again, I think you've found all there is to find for your requirements. Enjoy the Sig, I do!!

Those first grips are badass! I don't care what the rest of you guys say.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    Your thread made me realize that holsters (Desantis Nemesis and Uncle Mikes) are not ideal for front pocket carry. I just ordered the wallet holster by Talon. I need the grip not to print.
    Great, I'm glad I could inspire something good! Be sure to post up how well it works for you. At this point I'm considering getting the Daltech force due to the one piece design, lower cost, and probably lighter weight. The talon looks like a much higher quality product. Be interesting to do a comparison once we finally get both of them.

I bought the Talon Holster. It was what? $60? That's the cost of two magazines or a few boxes of ammo. If it works well, I would get one for the P938, too. Thanks.

The Daltech looks too malleable, to me. Let me know how it works.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Ah that's the reason I am choosing it. I want something that will 'melt' and flex into the pocket without printing the grip instead of it just looking like a 'block'.

*EDIT: I just ordered a black PP2 wallet holster from Daltech Force, used discount code "sootch00". It gives 10% off. They also have free shipping at the moment I suppose. Total cost was $20.65 shipped!
    Last edited by Foo909; July 5th, 2012 at 04:22 PM.

Foo909,
    I have one of these from Bear Creek Holsters that I use for front pocket carry of my Kel-Tec PF9. I've been very pleased w/ it and recommend them highly. It costs $55.
    Leather Back Pocket|Concealed Handgun Holster available in 3 colors, Bear Creek Holsters, Texas

I don't have one of these, but I like the custom leather options, in addition to a nicley designed rear pocket holster. Basic holster costs $55.
    Custom Leather Holsters : Dragon Chimaera Holster

I like the Talon Holster but I must disclose that the extended magazine goes beyond the wallet contributing to printing. One can only use a standard 6 round magazine for this to work. It's comfortable and the backing separates from the gun compartment allowing for a less impeded draw.

A P938 will not fit into this P238 holster. It is too wide.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links