Defensive Carry banner

Sig P238 wallet holster...

31K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Col.TED 
#1 ·
I recently acquired a Sig P238 and have currently been front pocket carrying it in an Uncle Mike's Sidekick (Size #3) and it works great out around town in cargo shorts but I am looking for something a little more discreet for carry at work. Really interested in a thin leather wallet style holster that keeps the grip from printing.

The best option to me that I have found so far is the Talon wallet holster:

It appears pretty thin and also covers up the end of the grip. It is $50 though which is kinda much compared to others, I realize you get what you pay for though.

The only other option I have found is the crossbreed pocket rocket, which looks great but appears the corner of the grip could still possibly print and it appears (just by looking online) that it may be a little thicker:

So looking for any options or suggestions, really would like some feedback on the Talon holsters if anyone has used one.

See less See more
#3 ·
Found another option:

Daltech Force:

Again any comments would be appreciated, I'm really looking for a thin pocket holster that will keep the grip from printing.

This seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, thin, 'one piece' leather, covers the complete grip. Just haven't heard anything about this company. Also looking at getting one of their single layer bull hide belts as my crossbreed one is a little thick.

#10 ·
Great, I'm glad I could inspire something good! Be sure to post up how well it works for you. At this point I'm considering getting the Daltech force due to the one piece design, lower cost, and probably lighter weight. The talon looks like a much higher quality product. Be interesting to do a comparison once we finally get both of them.

#8 ·
I carry the P238 every day in jeans, but I don't care if the grip slightly prints. For my purposes, everyone that knows me, knows that I carry, and if you don't know me, I've just got a thick wallet or something in my pocket. I am not breaking Texas law unless the 'print' is an unmistakeable handgun, and the grip cannot be really told by looking.
I really like both of the holsters that you have found,and I agree, the thinner the better. I have been front pocket carrying since Texas said I could, and I've looked at every holster that can be looked at!!. I make holsters for myself and I use one that doesn't cover the grips, but again it doesn't matter to me that it doesn't cover the grip - What is important to me is a clean draw and an upright gun. You can see my holster by clicking on my name and looking in my album.
Again, I think you've found all there is to find for your requirements. Enjoy the Sig, I do!!

#12 · (Edited)
Ah that's the reason I am choosing it. I want something that will 'melt' and flex into the pocket without printing the grip instead of it just looking like a 'block'.

*EDIT: I just ordered a black PP2 wallet holster from Daltech Force, used discount code "sootch00". It gives 10% off. They also have free shipping at the moment I suppose. Total cost was $20.65 shipped!

#14 ·
#15 ·
I like the Talon Holster but I must disclose that the extended magazine goes beyond the wallet contributing to printing. One can only use a standard 6 round magazine for this to work. It's comfortable and the backing separates from the gun compartment allowing for a less impeded draw.

A P938 will not fit into this P238 holster. It is too wide.

#16 ·
Do you like it pretty well? Did you go with the black or brown right hand?

The website says the black has a rectangular cut and the brown has rounded corners. Does it completely cover the end of the grip?

The Daltech force one got here but it's a little tight around the muzzle making the pistol stick up a little out of the holster, kinda too thin material too. I see the Talon let's the muzzle ride completely open at the very bottom of the holster.

#19 ·
Yep!

I ended up eventually getting the Talon wallet holster as well and sticking to it. It seems to be the best of what is out there right now, it completely hides the outline of the gun.

The only downsides are it is a bit heavier than the other holsters and in my opinion it is too big to use as a "wallet" style holster. A.K.A. it sticks up out of my rear pockets. I intended to front pocket carry anyway but this is just a heads up.

The Daltech Force is a nice option but the backing material is , as was mentioned by a previous poster, too thin and the grip will still print somewhat, obviously less than uncle mikes style holster.

#21 ·
I am an avid supporter of the Talon wallet holster. I have purchased two of the units for my BG380. One holster was specific for the BG380, and the other was a little oversized holster for testing. The larger holster was purchased to verify a design issue when drawing the BG380. The magazine release button on the BG380 would release quite often when drawing the firearm causing the magazine to eject. Several online topics will verify this issue. I have visited Talon Training in Tallahassee, FL many times. I find it to be one of the best gun ranges in Florida, and I travel from Boca south Florida to visit them a few times a year. The wallet holsters are good quality and within budget.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.