IWB holster recommendations for a Ruger SP101 .357 3"

This is a discussion on IWB holster recommendations for a Ruger SP101 .357 3" within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all, First post on the forum, and a special greeting to other Virginians! I'm looking to start carrying a Ruger SP101 .357 3", and ...

Thread: IWB holster recommendations for a Ruger SP101 .357 3"

IWB holster recommendations for a Ruger SP101 .357 3"

Hello all,

First post on the forum, and a special greeting to other Virginians!

I'm looking to start carrying a Ruger SP101 .357 3", and would like to carry it inside my waist band and fairly low. I'm not sure if this is called crotch carry or not! I'd like to find something that will put the revolver below the pantline, so it won't print even with a tight shirt. I am 5'9 220lbs with large legs so I think I have a bit more flexibility with storage than if I were thinner. Since I am right handed I'd basically like the gun to sit on my extreme upper right leg -- the hip crease area.

Does anyone have any recommendations/pictures of holsters that might fit this bill? Since I'm new to this, I might be asking for something that doesn't exist. A gun store employee told me I'd likely have to get a custom made holster given the dimensions of the SP101, which I don't mind.

thanks guys!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by revolVA View Post
    Hello all,

First post on the forum, and a special greeting to other Virginians!

I'm looking to start carrying a Ruger SP101 .357 3", and would like to carry it inside my waist band and fairly low. I'm not sure if this is called crotch carry or not! I'd like to find something that will put the revolver below the pantline, so it won't print even with a tight shirt. I am 5'9 220lbs with large legs so I think I have a bit more flexibility with storage than if I were thinner. Since I am right handed I'd basically like the gun to sit on my extreme upper right leg -- the hip crease area.

Does anyone have any recommendations/pictures of holsters that might fit this bill? Since I'm new to this, I might be asking for something that doesn't exist. A gun store employee told me I'd likely have to get a custom made holster given the dimensions of the SP101, which I don't mind.

thanks guys!
    Highly recommend this one... Patented Design

And check out my thread and review at this link...

Received my new IWB holster and all i gotta say is great job N8squared!

I'm somewhat odd, but my favorite IWB holster (I have one for every gun plus an extra for several) is the $10 Ace Case. I tried one because I figured for $10, what's there to lose? I really like it. Mine have been very durable, very comfortable, and I like being able to slide the clip around on my belt if I need to like when I get in the car, or remove the gun with the holster fairly easily if I desire. I also like the fact that it rides the grip a little lower and parallel to my belt line. I also have at least a dozen other top brand holsters (I'm trying hard to like my my new MTAC), but these have become, and will probably remain my go-to's from here on out.

I have found two holsters that have both proven to quality and quick delivery...High Noon holsters and Fist Holsters.

I had pushed Fist holsters for a long time until I came across High Noon holsters...here's a list of possible IWB's
    Inside The Waistband
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have a white hat for my 3" sp101. I'm very happy with it. I also have a crossbreed for my LCR and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them for the sp 101 either.

P95
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I have found two holsters that have both proven to quality and quick delivery...High Noon holsters and Fist Holsters.

I had pushed Fist holsters for a long time until I came across High Noon holsters...here's a list of possible IWB's
    Inside The Waistband
    Nice link...thanks

Sponsor
    Take a look at my holsters at SHTF Gear LLC . We sell a lot of them for the SP101 and the LCR. People Love them. Competitive pricing, best warranty, and orders go out in 3-5 days.

You can find your specific holster here, just specify the barrel length in the notes. Ruger SP101-2.25 ACE-1 Holster

Thanks,
    Clay
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

I have a White Hat that I wear @ 1-2 o'clock with my CZ Rami 9er. Until trying this IWB holster I was never a fan of IWB carry. I am now. It's also tuckable.

yankee is that a 3" or a 2" revolver in the ace case picture?

Links