IWB w/ Level 1 retention

IWB w/ Level 1 retention

This is a discussion on IWB w/ Level 1 retention within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone out there make an IWB holster with a retention device for a Glock 27? Not really wanting a single mount, but rather a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sgb

Thread: IWB w/ Level 1 retention

IWB w/ Level 1 retention

Does anyone out there make an IWB holster with a retention device for a Glock 27? Not really wanting a single mount, but rather a 'pancake' style with loops or clips on each end of the weapon for better weight transfer.
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by KYmxracer52 View Post
    Does anyone out there make an IWB holster with a retention device for a Glock 27? Not really wanting a single mount, but rather a 'pancake' style with loops or clips on each end of the weapon for better weight transfer.
    What type of retention device? a thumb break?

sgb
    A thumb break for a glock can be a bad idea, if improperly holstered you can end up with a hole in your leg.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Level 1 means a strap over the frame, usually snapped in place. Is that what you mean?

P95
    Ouch....better rethink.

Is there a reason you need that kind of retention on an IWB; cartwheels, rollercoasters, BMX backflips? Most retention is designed to keep the gun from being snatched from the holster. Not really an issue when it's concealed.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Is there a reason you need that kind of retention on an IWB; cartwheels, rollercoasters, BMX backflips? Most retention is designed to keep the gun from being snatched from the holster. Not really an issue when it's concealed.
    He is right. I can do it but I don't recommend it. A good iwb wont loose your gun. I wont send it out if I cant shake it upside down without the gunfalling out.

My department requires some sort of actual retention, whether it be IWB or OWB. I can conceal the G27 a lot better IWB, so I need one with retention. I can't see it being more dangerous than an OWB w/ thumb break, which several brands make for the Glock.
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by KYmxracer52 View Post
    My department requires some sort of actual retention, whether it be IWB or OWB. I can conceal the G27 a lot better IWB, so I need one with retention. I can't see it being more dangerous than an OWB w/ thumb break, which several brands make for the Glock.
    A lot of holster makers won't do it. You'd be hard pressed to find one, so I'd take mdmorgan up on his offer if you're serious about getting one. Personally, I'd just get a good OWB with a thumb break.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep checking around and see what I can come up with.
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

Garrett Industries offer's a very nice "auto hood" on some of their holsters. It is a blocking device that covers the rear of the pistol's slide and won't allow removal of the weapon from the holster without disengaging the device. I'm not sure they offer an IWB rig with the option, but they do have several holsters in their Slim line with the auto hood retention device.

I own a Slim AIWB rig from Garrett Industries for my Sig P229 and it is a well built and comfortable holster.

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Thanks for the posts. I'll definately check both of those out.
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

Sponsored Links