Looking for a tuckable that really works

This is a discussion on Looking for a tuckable that really works within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My EDC is a Glock 30. I usually carry it in a belly band and am very satisfied with the BB's ability to conceal the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a tuckable that really works

My EDC is a Glock 30. I usually carry it in a belly band and am very satisfied with the BB's ability to conceal the 30 in all situations. But I'd also like to try an alternative. I have tried a Remora 10ART RFT tuckable and I've also tried a High Noon tuckable. With both of them, I end up looking like the Hunchback of Notre Dame with a fallen hump, or like the guy in "Alien" just before the cute little alien baby bursts through his skin!

I carry at the 4 o'clock position, sometimes 4:30 to 5. I'm looking for suggestions on tuckables that really work and also advice on what I might be doing wrong with my exisiting tuckables. I'm 5'10" and weigh 185, and about average in body build. I know to pull the tucked shirt out and blouse it a little, but that doesn't seem to help too much.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

P95
    I think the Crossbreed Supertuck is the best. They are pricy...so I made my own for under $10.00.

IMAG033544.jpg

I just ordered a Concealment Solutions Black Mamba. I have heard great things about them. I should get it by Wednesday, and can give you an evaluation by the end of the week, if you want.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Comp Tac MTAC and a proper belt.

Sent from this... Using that...

Comp-tac Neutral Minotaur, I think it's slightly better than the supertuck because the kydex part can be removed and replaced by the user allowing for one holster to work for a variety of firearms, also great customer service and fast turnaround times.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Love my Crossbreed!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Posted earlier. My SHTF Gear holster. Similar to the crossbreed but allows a full grip on your firearm before you draw. Got mine for 61 shipped with Mil discount and it took less than a week to get to my house in SC from Utah.

Pure Kustom -- Black Ops Pro

R. Grizzle -- City Slicker

Tucker Gunleather -- Texas Heritage

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Comp Tac holsters are the only tuckable holsters as far as I'm concerned... and I've been through a bunch of them. I'd not have another Crossbreed product.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

N8squared tactical IWB, if you google N8Squared Tactical they have a tuckable version...

Last edited by MP.40c; July 7th, 2012 at 10:58 AM. Reason: They make a tuckable

I tuck with the Crossbreed (I have a MiniTuck) every day. Love it.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I keep my G19 in a Galco King Tuck and it works great. Not bad price and good quality. I'm about your size (a bit heavier) and it works fine for me.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Give the DeSantis a look if you want one that hold it's shape and is US made one that is adjust able a seems to work well with most belts. They offer a good line of different options and priced right.
    I have worn my a few times with out a belt and it still held tight to my jeans

Another I like is made by Captain Itch Good leather US made molded outstanding clip and two option for securing it to the belt.

Click on the Theis holster review in my signature. A Crossbreed for less! You will not be disappointed.
    Keep Calm and Carry One.
    Theis Holster - Joab Mag Pouch
    M&P9 Shield
    FNX-9

I've tucked my Theis with a 4003 and no one was the wiser. I don't normally tuck in my shirts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links