Front carry - Page 2

Front carry

This is a discussion on Front carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I shot practical shooting over 20 years (that translates into hundreds of thousands of rounds and many, many draws) and the holster was around 2 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Front carry

I shot practical shooting over 20 years (that translates into hundreds of thousands of rounds and many, many draws) and the holster was around 2 o'clock.

It was quite natural to adopt the AIWB carry. It's ridiculously fast, comfortable and concealable.

Archangel and Garrett holsters come to mind (just don't buy their new Slim line). On the cheaper end the Hidden Ally and the The Hooker Alabama Holster Company - Concealment Products That "Just Plain Work" comes to mind. Plenty of holsters out there. Pick a good one.

I am 5'11 and was 240 when I first tired AIWB.

I was using a Summer Special with a G30. It worked for me under a t-shirt.

Now that I have lost weight, and switched to a thinner kydex holster and G26 or 19, it is even easier.

Distinguished Member
    BTW, this thread title bothers me everytime I scroll past it, I've never heard anyone call it "front carry", I'm pretty sure its just appendix carry.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Once you find the right spot, it is as comfortable (if not more so) than any other carry position.

I've been carrying exclusively AIWB since 2007 and will not go back to 4:00 carry.
    I carried concealed since 1978 and I have tried many holsters in many positions and always return to behind the hip whether IWB or belt carry.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2
    Livin the Life!
    Join and Support the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    BTW, this thread title bothers me everytime I scroll past it, I've never heard anyone call it "front carry", I'm pretty sure its just appendix carry.
    I always front carry, and it is usually Crossdraw at about 10 o'clock. This position is very fast concealed with a straight bottomed button up shirt. I leave the bottom button unbuttoned, and never have to wrestle clothing to draw, it comes out very clean and fast from and OWB holster custom made for me. If you want to test this method you can slide your weapon between your belt and pants with the grip level with the pants. it is very easy to reach, and no lean to pull when seated like the 4 o'clock forces, the best place to carry when seated.

Distinguished Member
    Umm, why am I being qouted in your post? So even from your post - there is crossdraw and appendix carry positions. NO FRONT CARRY!!!
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links