Front carry

Front carry

This is a discussion on Front carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any good front carry holsters out there ? Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Front carry

Front carry

Any good front carry holsters out there ?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I have never used it, but I have heard good things about the Dale Fricke "Archangel" appendix carry holster
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Never understood why anyone would want to carry where it digs in every time you sit.

Quote Originally Posted by azretired View Post
    Never understood why anyone would want to carry where it digs in every time you sit.
    Because, in some situations, it conceals better there than behind the hip, it's easier to control and retain in a close combat situation, and can be more comfortable.

Mexican carry hurts when you have a beer belly. Haha.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

VIP Member
    Depending on your body type appendix carry is not for everyone also depends on what type weapon you are attempting to carry and conceal.

I carry my Para Carry 9, assorted J frame and Colt revolvers, my Glock 19 without any problems in a simple Galco J hook holster. This position allows me to protect the weapon better, gives me more piece of mind (I ride Harleys) in regards to exactly where the weapon is and allows for an incrediblely fast draw if needed. If you are not comfortable carrying a weapon without a safety or a striker fired weapon in this position simply chamber a round as normal, holster the weapon and then put the whole thing on as a unit, then leave it alone. Should you have to draw when everything is over and you have to reholster look the gun into the holster slowly and be done with it.
    Bad Bob and tcox4freedom like this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

tcox4freedom likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I've converted almost exclusively to AIWB carry, it is much easier to conceal the size guns I carry in more situations/dress. I carry my G23 in a Dale Fricke Archangel and Sig P229 in a Garrett Slim AIWB. Both holsters work well with an edge in comfort going to the Archangel, but that probably has something to do with the lighter, slightly slimmer Glock being carried in it as well. Both rigs work under just a T-shirt/polo, undershirt.

I prefer to carry a fighting sized gun rather than something smaller, and in hot weather this is the best way for me to do so. I will add that ~ 4" Bbl. is the max I can conceal AIWB and sit comfortably for any length of time. Keep in mind that when carrying AIWB you don't have to cinch your belt as tight as when you carry at other positions; some movement and rearrangement helps when changing positions from standing to seated or crouching.

AIWB is very fast to draw from, easier to protect the weapon, and is harder for someone to bump into/feel the weapon by accident, but one cannot err in re-holstering without dire circumstance, (keep your finger and clothing away from the trigger).
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by azretired View Post
    Once you find the right spot, it is as comfortable (if not more so) than any other carry position.

I've been carrying exclusively AIWB since 2007 and will not go back to 4:00 carry.
    tcox4freedom and tmoore912 like this.

AIWB carry is great for some people. I "like beer" a little too much for it to work for me. It would have been perfect when I was about 19.

Distinguished Member
    I tried every other position when I started carrying. Appendix is the ONLY one that made the gun dissapear under just a tshirt, and was comfortable. I am sitting leaned forward on the computer with my M&p on me now, do this for hours with no discomfort. I carry in a high noon mr. softy holster. I love this holster, I saw pictures of a guy with it on here when i was looking for holsters. Bought it and have been happy since. I feel lucky I haven't had to go through tons of holsters like most. Also its really inexpensive about $30 I think.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I carry a BP9CC Bersa flat stack 9mm in a custom OWB that was made by Luvethegunleather, you can find him with an internet search. Allen makes fine handmade leather holsters for less than off the rack holsters. Mine is and altered Sceptic model with a 5 degree reverse cant. The fastest, and most comfortable holster I have ever carried. It works perfectly at 2 o'clock for ambi, and at 10 o'clock for crossdraw, and still fast at crossdraw and more comfortable. After a day shopping with a friend and me in shorts, and a Hawanian shirt, back to my house, and slip off the rig, and she says, I can't believe I never say that today.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Smartcarry.

I agree with Thunder71. I currently have a Smartcarry holster and use it daily when I carry at work. I have to wear dress slacks to work and a tucked in polo shirt, so using my Galco King Tuk with my Glock 19 was pretty much out of the question for my body type. I'm not a very big guy, 5'11", 170lbs. I just didn't like the huge "lump" it left on my side. So, after getting some opinions from this site I decided to get the Smartcarry. Haven't regretted it since. It conceals my G19 like a champ in dress slacks. It's very comfortable when worn properly. I've had mine for about 2 months now and love it. Well worth the $60 or so I spent on it. Plus, if you don't like it you can send in back within 30 days I believe for a refund. Plus, there is a little area to keep a spare magazine too, which I love.

Sitting here with a G26 in a Smartcarry. I do not have a beer belly but so have a slight overhang.

I work on my back and sides so wearing IWB or SOB does not work for me. The only "problem" with SC would be to draw from the sitting position. So at the end of the day I will swivle the whole rig around and carry at 3:00 works like any other IWB holster.

I work everyday will my brothers. I was carrying for 6 months everyday without them ever noticing when I had to change my clothes. Keep on your shirt remove pants. Put on pants and then remove shirt.

One brother is a half step from being Anti. So since he never asked I never told. Once he asked I told him. He was surprised.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links