Defensive Carry banner

Adjusting the cant and ride

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  cj 
#1 ·
Hey all---

Recently got both a SuperTuck and an MTAC for my M&P Shield (will only end up keeping one).
How do you adjust for ride and cant? I want it to ride as low as possible, and have the butt/handle pointed forward so that it doesn't dig into my back when I drive/sit at work.

THanks all!

#2 ·
I use an MTAC for my Walther PPS. At first I too adjusted the ride so it was as low as possible but found that it made my butt look big...Lol.. well it did stick out in the back. I gained more control and eliminating printing by moving the screws to the middle holes. The kydex shell now sticks out about a half an inch above my belt. Switching to a beltman belt instead of the wilderness instructor belt I had been using had a positive impact too. It took me a while to find a comfortable set-up but it made a world of difference when I did. Good luck finding what works for you!

#3 ·
Remove the screws on the back of the holster. Adjust to whatever setting you want. I had the back screw set on the second highest setting and the front screw at the lowest. This way the cant was set better for me. Last week I raised both all the way to the top so my Glock 30 sits way down inside my pants. It's harder to holster, but it rides so much lower so the butt of the gun doesn't "print" as much and it digs into me a lot less when I park my butt in a chair. LOL. As Caertaker says, "Good luck on finding what works for you"!

#5 ·
I do it similarly...adjust the kydex to be just above the waistband and get the front hole selected, then tweak the rear until it's at the cant I want. It sometimes takes a few removals/reapplications of the screws to get it right, but once it's set, I don't need to move it.

#6 ·
Thanks guys, got it squared away to where I hardly even notice my shield! Now to get my MTAC for my XD40....

PS - CJ, how's the M&P9 treating you?

#7 ·
PS - CJ, how's the M&P9 treating you?
Sounds great...so does that mean you chose MTAC over Crossbreed? Curious about why one over the other.

As for the M&P, I've been shooting in in IPSC and just today changed out the sight on it. Now I have an excuse to get to the range to make sure it's set up correctly! It's been through...wow, lost count of the rounds, and hasn't hiccuped once.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.