IWB carry when driving

This is a discussion on IWB carry when driving within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been trying to IWB carry my LCP in a Remora while driving. I have it at about 4:30, but find it fairly uncomfortable and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: IWB carry when driving

IWB carry when driving

I've been trying to IWB carry my LCP in a Remora while driving. I have it at about 4:30, but find it fairly uncomfortable and always pull it out and put it back on when I get out.

How do you folks manage?

2. Remove Ads

When around town, I just wear my regular holster, but for long trips my Glock-36 rides in this... FIST, INC.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

4:30 is not comfortable for me either. 3:00 works best for me. The IWB is a Remora holding my CZ82. Obviously different guns and holsters will determine what feels best for different people.
    beararms likes this.
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

GLOCK 19 in a CBST at 3:15.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    GunMate Inside Pant Holster Ambidexterous Black 4" Med Pistol: Amazon.com: Sports & Outdoors

Gunmate makes some very good nylon holsters, they are a lot more comfortable than any other holster. They aren't made to a specific gun so you have to make sure you get the right size. I have one for both my LCP and M&P.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

VIP Member
    Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro at 4:00 for short trips. For long drives I go with a shooter holster.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Raven concealment owb 2-3 always. When I use my remora I sometimes take it out for long drives. Or just pack a pocket pistol as well and use it for going in somewhere quickly and keep the m&p in the console.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I cannot see how anything past 4 would be comfortable when sitting even.
    beararms likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I have an right side IWB holster clipped inside my left front door map pocket. G19 goes in there just before I buckle-up, goes back to my waist IWB after I unbuckle but before I get out. I don't mind the required left-hand draw from the map pocket as I want my right hand free to start & drive my car if necessary. I like it MUCH better than wrestling with a seatbelt under heavy stress.
    bigdog44 and beararms like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    When around town, I just wear my regular holster, but for long trips my Glock-36 rides in this... FIST, INC.
    Sold, I'm getting one for my G19.

I carry my P238 at 4:30 in my CBMT which is quite comfortable for shorter trips. Glock 19 carried in Galco Royal Guard at 4:30 as well; not so comfortable. But I like it.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I spend a great deal of time in my truck and I don't like sitting on my pistol, either. Carried at 3:00 works well for me, as does AIWB with my sub compact pistols.
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

I can't seem to effectively wear my pistol iwb while driving. I find it fairly uncomfortable but more importantly I can not effectively grab it and draw. I have practiced and it just is too slow. I have decided to remove it when I get in the truck and set it inside my trucks console under the arm rest. it sits right down in there and I can reach it fast. Seems to be best for me. I carry my 686+ most times when in the truck.
    I have carried .380's and while comfortable the draw is still awkward.
    beararms likes this.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

I'm a southpaw & I conceal carry my 9c at 9 o'clock.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    I cannot see how anything past 4 would be comfortable when sitting even.
    Yeah, that's the problem. I'll try sliding it forward to 3ish.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog44 View Post
    I can't seem to effectively wear my pistol iwb while driving. I find it fairly uncomfortable but more importantly I can not effectively grab it and draw. I have practiced and it just is too slow. I have decided to remove it when I get in the truck and set it inside my trucks console under the arm rest.
    This is a great point. Maybe I need to rethink keeping a pistol IWB and blocked by a seatbelt.

I might try tucking the Remora between the driver seat and center console.

For those who remove the holster when driving, do you squirm around in the car to put it back on, or do you get out of the car and reholster, accepting the increased likelihood of being spotted?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links