Defensive Carry banner

Creative options for carrying a second snubby

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Haystacker 
#1 ·
I am looking for a creative way to carry a second snub nosed revolver. I currently own both a Ruger LCR and a 638 J frame. My current primary holster is a belly band which I wear at the 4 o'clock position. I have been having some problems pocket carrying due to the pockets in my shorts being to shallow. Due to it being hot as blazes in NC so far this summer, I have been wearing shorts and a tee shirt most of the time. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks

#2 ·
Pocket carry for sure. Get some nice deep pocket cargo shorts, or do as I, take your drawers and a holster to a tailor and spend $25 on a new custom strong side pocket. I like it because one, your hand doesn't look out of place in your front pocket when you hit orange. Two, in "gimme everything" scenario, you can deliver without a garment sweep and draw.

#3 ·
I have several snubs, but feel one is sufficent. I do carry a couple of speed strips for reloads just in case. Like the other gent said, one in the BBand and one in the pocket should work pretty well. Good luck...

#4 ·
I prefer to pocket carry my Smith 442 as a BUG to my fighting sized carry piece, but if that option doesn't work for your dress try a Ken Null shoulder rig. His designs are classic and well thought out. A third option; minimalist carry with something like a Dale Fricke Zac or similar trigger guard holster attached to a tether AIWB.

I have Zac rigs for my XD Service and GLOCK 23 and like them for certain carry situations. A J frame would dissapear in this form of concealment and be redily accessible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.