The Value of a Good Belt

This is a discussion on The Value of a Good Belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im sure all of you have seen and probably responded to the countless number of threads asking which gun belt is the best or what ...

Thread: The Value of a Good Belt

The Value of a Good Belt

Im sure all of you have seen and probably responded to the countless number of threads asking which gun belt is the best or what the need for a good gun belt is. I would like to reiterate that with a quick experience.

Ive been carrying for about 2 weeks now and have been using my Rafter S gun belt all the while. Well, yesterday I decided to try a different belt just to see if I had wisely spent my $60 on the Rafter S gunleather. The belt I wore yesterday is a quality leather belt that I bought at a gun show last December and have worn daily pretty much ever since. It was crazy-stiff to start with but has become nicely broken-in since then.

Yesterday, I strapped on the regular belt and regretted it all day! I needed to strap the belt extra tight, and even then it just didnt feel like it was supporting the gun and holster how it should have been. Granted, this is a 1-piece construction belt.

This morning I put back on my Rafter S belt, and all is well again. The gun is supported and doesnt feel like its jumping around on my waist when I move..

Essentially, this is 1 more vote supporting the need for a good double-thickness gun belt. A good holster doesnt hurt either. (VM2 here )

2. Remove Ads

A gun belt is an essential part of daily carry and spending $60.00 on one is a steal for what your are getting. My last belt was like $125.00 for a Mitch Rosen. I don't care, it's one of the best $125.00 I've ever spent. It has months of use and show's zero wear, it's still just like brand new.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

A Good Belt...

makes CCW much more pleasant. My 'instructors belt' is one of the best...doesn't even have to be that tight to work well!
    I have another thick leather belt I found at a Western Store...where the cowboys hang out...and it works well also!
    When CCW involves anything over a .380...the belt makes the difference!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

+1 on Rafter Belts

I also like Rafter belts and wear one much of the time. They are well made, double thickness belts that hold their shape for a long time. When you hang a holster and gun on the Rafter belt it stays where you put it.

Many other companies make good belts, of course. The key is to use two thicknesses of good leather stitched together, with a quality buckle. A single thickness just isn't enough.

I also use a Rafter belt. I dont even think it came out to $60 shipped for a 1.5" double thickness cowhide belt. It is awesome. You can't beat Rafter S for the price.

How about a link? I'm looking for as belt and would like to check these out.

Thanks!
    Proud Georgia Firearms Licensee
    Springfield Armory XD-9 Subcompact
    Seecamp LWS32
    Browning Buckmark
    Walther P22
    Bersa Thunder 380

The power of the future is in its ability to inspire the present.

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    Many other companies make good belts, of course. The key is to use two thicknesses of good leather stitched together, with a quality buckle. A single thickness just isn't enough.
    This is the belt I modeled mine after. I wanted mine to match my VM2, so I ordered it in Cordovan with Henna (Redish) thread. It looks identical to the pic above, but mine is cow and not shark.

I've used an excellent gun belt for years. I have several for different occasions. I have a Galco reinforced Instructor style on order. I also have a K&D matched set on order.
    There are no problems in life too large to be handled by the use of small arms and high explosives

In god we trust, all others are suspects

$10.00 transfers in Houston, Texas

Absolutely agree, you don't build a million dollar house on a crappy foundation so why put a $80+ holster on a $10 belt? I've worn my Milt Sparks belt daily since 2000 and just recently retired it to my pile of hard use clothes (fishing, car maintenance, etc). My new belt is one I ordered from Eric Larsen with my COM3 and I have yet another on order with Gary Brommeland ... I think I've got the 1.5" belt well covered . Next comes 1.25" dress belts - and 1.25" holsters of course!
    Jack

Links