The search for the right holster - advice, please?

This is a discussion on The search for the right holster - advice, please? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; second vote for Remora.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The search for the right holster - advice, please?

second vote for Remora..

2. Remove Ads

If you are doing outdoor chores, I would point you to a pancake style also. They cover well with a light tee-shirt. We use pancakes around here doing chores and have problems at all.

How about a hybrid leather/kydex iwb or owb?

kangaroocarry.com

I got friends that swear by 'em.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Why not have a tailor extend the pocket a few inches?
    At least put a smiley on it. She's to do this with a drawer full of jeans?

My question is: is the 5'2" horizontal or vertical? This is important.

/runs, hides
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters.
    If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.
    --Alan Simpson

Could try an oldfaithful holster. Its an iwb, leather back and kydex for firearm retention

I think too often the gun belt itself is overlooked, as you mentioned the holster being floppy, personal opinion here, UBG makes some fine quality leather holsters, and belts, at a fraction of the cost of a lot of custom holster makers, and a very short wait time.....not just pluggin UBG, I USE UBG, starting a nice little collection of them actually, and if you email the owner, the, ugly bald guy, nate, he will make a sensible recommendation .... just my two cents, i know here are lots of great custom holter makers out there, this just happens to be the one i have found and after using, found reason to stick with.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Have you considered a Smartcarry or one of the other belly band type holsters? Also a holster from ultimateconcealedcarry.com might work. They have the hide it in addition to the flash bang holster that you weren't too keen about. I am currently testing their hide it holster. It's not too bad, but like all non pocket holsters a good belt goes a long way to making it work better.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

I like my ECS Cobra and my ECS Hybrid. They work wonders for me. I usually have a baby on one hip and my gun on the other and have no worries about my gun being unstable. The j-hooks that came on my Hybrid are awesome and I have no problem concealing either of these holsters. Good Luck!!!

P.S. Here is the website : Extreme Concealment Systems

I use a Crossbreed's Supertuck, with my last had a minituck. If you look into Crossbreed, I'd recommend seeing if the minituckis available for your gun - for our size it was a MUCH better fit IMO as far as comfort and concealability.

I used to use the flashbang when I carried the LC9. once you get it attached JUST right it's surprisingly comfortable and I could run around the yard with it and have it stay in place. I was able to wear almost any shirt and not have printing. It was incredibly frustrating to get it attached just right though and I only had one bra that it really worked with.

I've got a small frame and I've had very good luck lately with my Blackhawk In-The-Pants holster. I'm 6' 130# and nobody has ever said a thing. I'm concealing a S&W SD 40 VE.

Distinguished Member
    My GF tried a bunch of holsters for her P238 and none of them were outstanding.... until we got the Remora (Series 2, RFT, for CrimsonTrace Laser, with sweat shield). She absolutely loves it!
    It doesn't require a belt (a bonus since very few of her pants have belt loops), it stays put... plain and simple!, it's very confortable and it can be worn in various positions with as much cant as you wish. I was skeptical, but after seeing hers and actually trying it for a couple of weeks with my own P238 I bought one for myself!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    My wife likes to carry her S&W 638 in a Remora holster.
    My heart condition dictated that I not watch the video , but I take comfort (from the static image) in where she's carrying in that, unlike us blokes, perhaps the worst damage she'll do with an a/d during drawing or holstering while in a seated position, will be from the fireball, not the bullet. But, owww.

5564001453_e43645b21d.jpgflash.jpgtara moss.jpg

Forum members need to consider that we spend a lot of time sitting, in cars, dining, at a desk, etc. Geez, carry these things around the back.
    Last edited by rednichols; August 15th, 2012 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoLady View Post
    Morning all. Well, I am now on the second "not going to work" holster for the spanky new Sig P238 I bought myself.
    I am just under 5'2" if that helps with recommendations. Any suggestions for me?!
    Aker's paddle holsters:

Aker International, Inc.

are available with a configuration just for women, especially those with womanly curves:

aker_by_nichols (8).jpg

Note the additional offset in the paddle, and then the secondary spacer that between the paddle and the holster, which cooperates with the paddle to give you a genuine offsetting action. I had the pleasure of developing and testing this invention for a very curvaceous FBI agent.

Administrator
    You could try one of the OWB holsters for behind the hip carry. Pick one with a strong forward cant so that the butt of your gun does not jut out.
    That is a very comfortable location for carry and then all you'll need is a good 1.5" gun belt and shop around for some slightly more oversize T-Shirts.

You can shop around and see what is available from some great holster makers. UBG Holsters - High Noon - Pure Kustom Holsters - etc. etc.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links