The search for the right holster - advice, please?

This is a discussion on The search for the right holster - advice, please? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Lish I use a Crossbreed's Supertuck, with my last had a minituck. If you look into Crossbreed, I'd recommend seeing if the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The search for the right holster - advice, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    I use a Crossbreed's Supertuck, with my last had a minituck. If you look into Crossbreed, I'd recommend seeing if the minituckis available for your gun - for our size it was a MUCH better fit IMO as far as comfort and concealability.
    The SuperTuck does not fit a P238. There are versions of the MiniTuck to fit the P238 with or w/o laser, and the MicroClip fits a P238 w/o laser. I suppose the comfort of an IWB holster like that depends on the curve of your waist/hips--whether it tends to push the grip ito your ribs.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

2. Remove Ads

Here's an option for your consideration that accommodates the laser: SIG SAUER I haven't tried one of these yet but it looks so comfy, it's going to be next on my list to get!

I am trying out a P238 Crossbreed Microclip right now, and the retention is great (almost too great, really), but the hard edges of the kydex tend to print through some fabrics, and it doesn't accommodate the CT laser. Also, I wish I'd gotten the j-hook; I don't like the standard CS metal clip at all. The tab on the bottom of the clips sticks out, and the metal edges scratched my nice gun belt.

If you're doing most of your carry with an untucked shirt or jacket, you might consider the CS minislide, which will accommodate the CT laser:http://crossbreedholsters.com/MiniSl...me,ProductName

I carry while working around the barn & yard as well and really haven't had a retention problem with ANY of the P238 holsters I've tried. The P238 is so flat and light, it just doesn't need much support or pressure to hold position. The only retention issues I've had were with collapsible holsters during restroom visits. With that being said, don't let ANYONE push you into a carry mode that you aren't comfortable with. I carried my gun empty the first few days, then loaded with an empty chamber for about a month, before I became confident enough to start carrying cocked & locked.

Good luck!
    Last edited by MrsHB; August 18th, 2012 at 01:01 PM.

My three favorite CC holsters are: 3-Speed, Remora and White Hat. These three holster cover all my CC needs. They will for you too.

Did you ever find a holster you liked? I have a Remora and LOVE it. Inside jeans with a belt it's not going anywhere, jeans without a belt are just about as secure, and I've worn it around the house tucked into sweatpants. I normally wear Wranglers or Carhartts but it is still well concealed with my low rise jeans too. I've tucked it into my sports bra for jogging when I couldn't find my belly band. I can tuck it into the pocket of my coat or slide it into my purse if I must (since the trigger is covered). I carry cocked and locked. Depending on where you're at in CO we could go shooting somewhere and you could check mine out. I also have a DeSantis Sof Tuk but it doesn't fit the laser, so I don't use it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links