Theis Holster

This is a discussion on Theis Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I just recently purchased a Tommy Theis holster for my taurus 24/7 g2. Just curious if anybody else has purchased one from Tommy and ...

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Theis Holster

  1. #1
    Member Array brazildsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    castle rock WA
    Posts
    80

    Theis Holster

    So I just recently purchased a Tommy Theis holster for my taurus 24/7 g2. Just curious if anybody else has purchased one from Tommy and your opinions on how comfortable it is for you would be much appreciated.thanx in advance.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Member Array johns381's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    39
    I got mine last week and love it so far. It's a little noisy but I put some gold bond around the clips and that's helped a lot. As for comfort I find it more comfortable right next to my skin, an undershirt tends to bunch up and cause some discomfort for me.

  4. #3
    Member Array brazildsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    castle rock WA
    Posts
    80
    So keep it on your skin.not on shirt. Got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by johns381 View Post
    I got mine last week and love it so far. It's a little noisy but I put some gold bond around the clips and that's helped a lot. As for comfort I find it more comfortable right next to my skin, an undershirt tends to bunch up and cause some discomfort for me.

  5. #4
    Member Array johns381's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by brazildsm View Post
    So keep it on your skin.not on shirt. Got it.
    I'd say try with and without and just go with whatever feels best for you. It may just be my body shape (the ol spare tire shape) that tends to make an undershirt more uncomfortable.

    Glad to see another 24/7 fan around. I've got a 24/7 G1 and love it.

  6. #5
    Member Array scorpion12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sc
    Posts
    153
    I got one for my Sig P220. It fits fine (a little tight but it'll work in), is comfortable, and I have no complaints. It squeaks a tiny bit but it'll go away with breakin (mentioned by Tommy in his email to me when it shipped). There's a bit of rust forming on the back of one of the screws that doesn't bother me, clear nail polish will make it go away.

    It's almost identical to my Crossbreed Supertuck for my Sig P6.

  7. #6
    Member Array Rev.357's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    112
    I'm 6'2'' 184lbs w/30''waist so I'd say I'm slim & I've found that all my IWB holsters feel & ride better next to my skin.
    G17,G19C,G21,G22c,G22RTF2/Gills,G26,G31,G32
    Colt Python 6'' .357mag & 4'' Trooper

    NRA Pistol Instructor
    SC CWP Instructor

  8. #7
    Member Array brazildsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    castle rock WA
    Posts
    80
    Ya I was gonna go with S&W sigma,but with all the bad reviews I seen online I decided taurus was gonna be better for me.so I researched taurus weapons and knew I wanted a full size handgun for EDC.and I am very happy with my choice. Its been a great pistol.thanx for your reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by johns381 View Post
    I'd say try with and without and just go with whatever feels best for you. It may just be my body shape (the ol spare tire shape) that tends to make an undershirt more uncomfortable.

    Glad to see another 24/7 fan around. I've got a 24/7 G1 and love it.

  9. #8
    Member Array brazildsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    castle rock WA
    Posts
    80
    That's what I hear. I usually don't conceal carry because I don't have to in my state but I wanna try it out and see if its just as comfortable and convenient as open carrying.which I do every day.thanx for your reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev.357 View Post
    I'm 6'2'' 184lbs w/30''waist so I'd say I'm slim & I've found that all my IWB holsters feel & ride better next to my skin.

  10. #9
    Member Array jchill17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    19
    I have a couple in horsehide. You won't be sorry about the purchase. a little baby powder when you first break it in will minimize the squeaks of the leather, which will go away with the break in. The kydex has a nice positive retention and tactile hookup. Overall quality is very good and comparable to more expensive holsters.

  11. #10
    Member Array vista461's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    S.E. WI
    Posts
    283
    Love mine, conceal my 4003 very well and is very comfortable.

  12. #11
    Member Array brazildsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    castle rock WA
    Posts
    80
    well thats good to hear.thank you for the tips.i did read up on the holster and tommy's tips.thank you for your reply.cant wait to get mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by jchill17 View Post
    I have a couple in horsehide. You won't be sorry about the purchase. a little baby powder when you first break it in will minimize the squeaks of the leather, which will go away with the break in. The kydex has a nice positive retention and tactile hookup. Overall quality is very good and comparable to more expensive holsters.

  13. #12
    Senior Member Array swinokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    931
    Tommy made a holster for my Smith 1076 when no other company was interested in making one, including Crossbreed. His quality and CS are top notch and he makes a holster with plain black plastic clips.

    Customer for life here.

  14. #13
    Member Array brazildsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    castle rock WA
    Posts
    80
    ya i have been looking for a conceal holster for my taurus 24/7 for a while. found some that didnt look like they were gonna be very comfortable and yes very spendy. then i seen his website in the advertisment on the defensive carry website.i thought it looked nice and was reasonably priced, then i seen some of the reviews and replies i was getting and made up my mind go ahead and get one.so it will be here in 2-3 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    Tommy made a holster for my Smith 1076 when no other company was interested in making one, including Crossbreed. His quality and CS are top notch and he makes a holster with plain black plastic clips.

    Customer for life here.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

does holster squeak go away
,

holster squeak

,
holsters for a tarus 24/7 g1
,
iwb holster for taurus 24/7
,
taurus 24/7 45 g2 holster
,

taurus 24/7 g1 holster

,
taurus 24/7 g2 holster
,
theis holster
,

theis holster squeak

,
theis holsters squeak
,
tommy theis holsters
,
xd holster for taurus 24/7 g2
Click on a term to search for related topics.