another Theis review (G26)

This is a discussion on another Theis review (G26) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I posted this in another forum but wanted to add it here as well. I think one of you actually turned me on to the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I posted this in another forum but wanted to add it here as well. I think one of you actually turned me on to the holster so thanks for the recommendation whoever that was.
    -----------
    I've been borrowing a friends for a while and finally got around to buying my own. The leather isn't broken in yet and it still squeaks but I'm told that will either go away soon by itself or can easily be made to go away. It's very comfortable. I can easily re-holster my weapon. Can easily tuck a shirt in over it. Great retention (apparently also somewhat adjustable with a wet rag and hair dryer). Form factor on the back is awesome. Better (more rounded, flush) than its more expensive competitors IMO. I don't feel any of the hardware on my hip. (keep in mind there's a bit of donuts and processed cheese on that hip to dull my senses). I've always considered IWB carry was just for you skinny guys because I've never found a comfortable one that worked well with my "girth" (6'2"/285lbs). Love this one though. Give it a try fellow fatties! Mr. Theis has a money back guarantee if you don't like it. I'll bet he doesn't get a lot of returns though.

This is a horsehide with the kydex clips. $65 shipped. Cowhide is $55 i believe. I bought horsehide because I'm a big hairy American and more expensive must be better somehow. It took about 2 weeks to get it. I will be buying one for a 45 soon.

Could you post pictures wearing it? How well does it conceal under "regular clothing" .

sure. i'm out of town for a few days so sadly I don't have it with me. I'll post some when I get back.

I carry a Smith 3rd generation 10mm auto in mine. Disappears with the right clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    I carry a Smith 3rd generation 10mm auto in mine. Disappears with the right clothing.
    that's good to know. I'm going to try one for a full size gun soon. probably a G21

Works great for my fullsize S&W 4003 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elheeffa View Post
    Could you post pictures wearing it? How well does it conceal under "regular clothing" .
    forgot. sorry.

I don't normally tuck anything in over it but it is a tuck-able holster.

Looks like this will be my next holster

I've been wearing one of Tommy's holsters for a few years now and feel nekkid without it. THE most comfortable holster I've ever worn and he's a good guy too.

Quote Originally Posted by derrelw View Post
    I've been wearing one of Tommy's holsters for a few years now and feel nekkid without it. THE most comfortable holster I've ever worn and he's a good guy too.
    how does it hold up? anything loosen up or break?

I finally gave into the hybrid thing a few months ago after never finding anything I really liked IWB, especially when I changed over to carrying the P250, which is on the blocky side. Same as you, Tommy turned my holster extremely quickly, and I'm very happy with it. It is forget-about-it comfortable with my P250SC. The only thing I'll change with the next one I order is to get it done with full muzzle coverage, only because I've marked up some trousers on the way home from the range.

BTW, anybody ever try a hybrid with a service revolver? Every once in a while I think about that, but I'm wondering if the style police would arrest me for putting an L or K-frame into kydex!

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    Nothing yet, it is as good as the first day I put it on.
    It is VERY sweat stained (I sweat like a pig and it's natural horsehide) but still works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    I am curious about how well your kydex clips are securing your holster. I just ordered a Theis rig with the Kydex clips but having second thoughts about the Kydex clips. Please let me know if you think the metal ones might be a better choice. Thanks

My plastic clips have held up fine. I think they also don't scratch your belt as much as metal ones.

My .02

Quote Originally Posted by guardian4u View Post
    I am curious about how well your kydex clips are securing your holster. I just ordered a Theis rig with the Kydex clips but having second thoughts about the Kydex clips. Please let me know if you think the metal ones might be a better choice. Thanks
    so far so good. they clip tight under my belt and show no signs of wearing out yet. and at least twice I've dragged a clip against the side of my truck while getting in. I'm certain a metal clip with those flared ends would've gouged out paint.

if I recall, it's not very expensive to order the other clips if you want to try them. and he'd probably swap them out for free if they ever failed on you as part of his warranty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links