Defensive Carry banner

OWB fir Sig P228

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  diesel44 
#1 ·
I want a reasonably priced OWB holster for my P228. I prefer a open top no thumb break that will pull up tight against the body. Something similar to Don Hume 721 OT. I have one of these for my P239 and may go that way for the P228. Any other suggestions along those lines? Tell me what you like. Thanks:smile:

#3 ·
Well, the Don Hume is on the low end of the scale but I don't want to put much in this holster, no more than 50 bucks and it can be lightly used as well. I have some expensive ones and some cheap ones. The above mentioned DH works very well, just looking for other opinions.

#7 ·
Two suggestions

After trying several brands of OWB holsters for Sigs, I have settled on two that I favor. The first is the belt scabbard holster in horsehide from Kramer, which holds the gun firmly without movement, but allows an easy draw. These cost over $100 directly from the company, but can often be found on Ebay for half that amount, if you are patient. I use this for my Sig P229, as shown:

More in the price range you mentioned is the DeSantis speed scabbard holster in leather, which is available from many vendors in the $45 range. This holster works very well and offers good retention at a reasonable price. Do a Google search to find vendors. Here is my Sig P239 in this holster:

#8 ·
After trying several brands of OWB holsters for Sigs, I have settled on two that I favor. The first is the belt scabbard holster in horsehide from Kramer, which holds the gun firmly without movement, but allows an easy draw. These cost over $100 directly from the company, but can often be found on Ebay for half that amount, if you are patient. I use this for my Sig P229, as shown:

More in the price range you mentioned is the DeSantis speed scabbard holster in leather, which is available from many vendors in the $45 range. This holster works very well and offers good retention at a reasonable price. Do a Google search to find vendors. Here is my Sig P239 in this holster:

Thanks, I found a Desantis just like yours for 51 and will probably go that way. I have seen some good reviews on this one. I will also check out the Kramer. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.