OWB fir Sig P228

OWB fir Sig P228

This is a discussion on OWB fir Sig P228 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want a reasonably priced OWB holster for my P228. I prefer a open top no thumb break that will pull up tight against the ...

Thread: OWB fir Sig P228

OWB fir Sig P228

I want a reasonably priced OWB holster for my P228. I prefer a open top no thumb break that will pull up tight against the body. Something similar to Don Hume 721 OT. I have one of these for my P239 and may go that way for the P228. Any other suggestions along those lines? Tell me what you like. Thanks
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

sgb
    What do you consider reasonably priced ?

I've found good leather holsters start at around $80 and go up from there.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    What do you consider reasonably priced ?

I've found good leather holsters start at around $80 and go up from there.
    Well, the Don Hume is on the low end of the scale but I don't want to put much in this holster, no more than 50 bucks and it can be lightly used as well. I have some expensive ones and some cheap ones. The above mentioned DH works very well, just looking for other opinions.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

comp-tac makes nice kydex rigs. fast, and around 50 dollars. I know I keep pimping them on this site, but they make fantastic holsters. Every gun I own has a comp-tac holster for it.

We have a range from 50.00 to 130.00. Here's two.

Skin Guard

Slide Guard

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    We have a range from 50.00 to 130.00. Here's two.

Skin Guard

Slide Guard

Justin
    Thanks, I will check them out!
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

Two suggestions

After trying several brands of OWB holsters for Sigs, I have settled on two that I favor. The first is the belt scabbard holster in horsehide from Kramer, which holds the gun firmly without movement, but allows an easy draw. These cost over $100 directly from the company, but can often be found on Ebay for half that amount, if you are patient. I use this for my Sig P229, as shown:

More in the price range you mentioned is the DeSantis speed scabbard holster in leather, which is available from many vendors in the $45 range. This holster works very well and offers good retention at a reasonable price. Do a Google search to find vendors. Here is my Sig P239 in this holster:

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    After trying several brands of OWB holsters for Sigs, I have settled on two that I favor. The first is the belt scabbard holster in horsehide from Kramer, which holds the gun firmly without movement, but allows an easy draw. These cost over $100 directly from the company, but can often be found on Ebay for half that amount, if you are patient. I use this for my Sig P229, as shown:

More in the price range you mentioned is the DeSantis speed scabbard holster in leather, which is available from many vendors in the $45 range. This holster works very well and offers good retention at a reasonable price. Do a Google search to find vendors. Here is my Sig P239 in this holster:

Thanks, I found a Desantis just like yours for 51 and will probably go that way. I have seen some good reviews on this one. I will also check out the Kramer. Thanks again.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

I carry in a holster from Extreme Concealment. It is like my Raven, but I like this one better. I was thinking about doing a review if anyone is interested. Here is the website Extreme Concealment Systems.

Just want to mention Lobo Gunleather as well. I have a few of his pancakes and am very happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by JSutter View Post
    Just want to mention Lobo Gunleather as well. I have a few of his pancakes and am very happy with them.
    +1 here for Lobo gun leather. Great product and at $75 or so for a pancake in horsehide, you cannot go wrong.

Sponsored Links