OWB fir Sig P228

OWB fir Sig P228

This is a discussion on OWB fir Sig P228 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want a reasonably priced OWB holster for my P228. I prefer a open top no thumb break that will pull up tight against the ...

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: OWB fir Sig P228

  1. #1
    Member Array got2hav1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    292

    OWB fir Sig P228

    I want a reasonably priced OWB holster for my P228. I prefer a open top no thumb break that will pull up tight against the body. Something similar to Don Hume 721 OT. I have one of these for my P239 and may go that way for the P228. Any other suggestions along those lines? Tell me what you like. Thanks
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357


  2. #2
    sgb
    sgb is offline
    VIP Member Array sgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    You don't need to know
    Posts
    2,414
    What do you consider reasonably priced ?

    I've found good leather holsters start at around $80 and go up from there.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

  3. #3
    Member Array got2hav1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    What do you consider reasonably priced ?

    I've found good leather holsters start at around $80 and go up from there.
    Well, the Don Hume is on the low end of the scale but I don't want to put much in this holster, no more than 50 bucks and it can be lightly used as well. I have some expensive ones and some cheap ones. The above mentioned DH works very well, just looking for other opinions.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

  4. #4
    Member Array BWillis57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    61
    comp-tac makes nice kydex rigs. fast, and around 50 dollars. I know I keep pimping them on this site, but they make fantastic holsters. Every gun I own has a comp-tac holster for it.

  5. #5
    Sponsor Array High Noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    FLorida
    Posts
    495
    We have a range from 50.00 to 130.00. Here's two.

    Skin Guard

    Slide Guard


    Justin

  6. #6
    Member Array got2hav1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    We have a range from 50.00 to 130.00. Here's two.

    Skin Guard

    Slide Guard


    Justin
    Thanks, I will check them out!
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

  7. #7
    VIP Member Array pogo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    3,150

    Two suggestions

    After trying several brands of OWB holsters for Sigs, I have settled on two that I favor. The first is the belt scabbard holster in horsehide from Kramer, which holds the gun firmly without movement, but allows an easy draw. These cost over $100 directly from the company, but can often be found on Ebay for half that amount, if you are patient. I use this for my Sig P229, as shown:

    More in the price range you mentioned is the DeSantis speed scabbard holster in leather, which is available from many vendors in the $45 range. This holster works very well and offers good retention at a reasonable price. Do a Google search to find vendors. Here is my Sig P239 in this holster:



    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

  8. #8
    Member Array got2hav1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    After trying several brands of OWB holsters for Sigs, I have settled on two that I favor. The first is the belt scabbard holster in horsehide from Kramer, which holds the gun firmly without movement, but allows an easy draw. These cost over $100 directly from the company, but can often be found on Ebay for half that amount, if you are patient. I use this for my Sig P229, as shown:

    More in the price range you mentioned is the DeSantis speed scabbard holster in leather, which is available from many vendors in the $45 range. This holster works very well and offers good retention at a reasonable price. Do a Google search to find vendors. Here is my Sig P239 in this holster:



    Thanks, I found a Desantis just like yours for 51 and will probably go that way. I have seen some good reviews on this one. I will also check out the Kramer. Thanks again.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

  9. #9
    Member Array XDchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24
    I carry in a holster from Extreme Concealment. It is like my Raven, but I like this one better. I was thinking about doing a review if anyone is interested. Here is the website Extreme Concealment Systems.

  10. #10
    Member Array JSutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sutter's Fort
    Posts
    36
    Just want to mention Lobo Gunleather as well. I have a few of his pancakes and am very happy with them.

  11. #11
    Member Array diesel44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by JSutter View Post
    Just want to mention Lobo Gunleather as well. I have a few of his pancakes and am very happy with them.
    +1 here for Lobo gun leather. Great product and at $75 or so for a pancake in horsehide, you cannot go wrong.

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

best holster for sig p228

,

best owb holster for sig p229

,
extreme concealment systems holster review
,
leather holster for p229 extreme
,
open top leather holsters for sig p228
,
owb holsters for sig p225
,

p228 holster reviews

,
p229 owb holster
,
sig p228
,

sig p228 holster

,

sig p228 review

,
sig p228 reviews
Click on a term to search for related topics.