Alternative to Comp-Tac Minotaur Gladiator

This is a discussion on Alternative to Comp-Tac Minotaur Gladiator within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered a Comp-Tac Minotaur Gladiator for my S&W M&P9. I was generally pleased with it on first inspection but found a significant issue with ...

Thread: Alternative to Comp-Tac Minotaur Gladiator

Alternative to Comp-Tac Minotaur Gladiator

I ordered a Comp-Tac Minotaur Gladiator for my S&W M&P9. I was generally pleased with it on first inspection but found a significant issue with it when trying to use it. I've been trying to deal with Comp-Tac to resolve the issue and that's still ongoing, but it isn't going well so far. That's all I'm willing to say about it until they finalize what they consider the resolution to the issue. However, what that means is that I'm currently expecting to want a different holster. I like the Gladiator, I like where it makes the gun ride, and the amount of cant works for me. What other options are there for an OWB holster that puts the gun at about the same height and cant that actually offer a fitment for the M&P9? I do prefer the leather inner/kydex outer hybrid, but I'm not married to it and I'd be willing to entertain the idea of an all-leather holster. I definitely do NOT want an all-kydex holster. I do like the snap-based belt loops and would prefer to stay like that, but if the only good alternatives are thread-through only, I'll learn to live with it.

What do you guys suggest?

2. Remove Ads

So what's the problem with the holster? If it is fitment you must break in the holster as leather is like that. One way to do that is with your M&P make sure it is unloaded put wax around it and press it in the holster. Let set that way for a few days. Each day pull your pistol out and put back in several times. Remember this is leather and have have to break it in.

I'm assuming it's fitment

I might add I have several M&Ps and Comp-Tac holsters mostly IWB.

Oh... did I say to make sure it is unloaded???!!!
    Last edited by john5; July 15th, 2012 at 12:12 PM.
    John

NRA Life Member
    TSRA

VIP Member
    You can modify Kydex bodies and clips with a heat gun or file, and leather inners with a scissors or hole punch. All leather holsters need to be broken in. As long as you don't interfere with the controls, retention, triggerguard protection, or ability to re-holster one handed, careful alterations can make your holster fit you and the gun like a glove.

I use CompTac's IWB's CTAC and Spartan.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Links