Sig Concealed Carry Coat

This is a discussion on Sig Concealed Carry Coat within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just thought you'd like to take a look at the new SigTac line of coats.. I'm ordering one myself, as I work at the facility...........I've ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig Concealed Carry Coat

Sig Concealed Carry Coat

Just thought you'd like to take a look at the new SigTac line of coats..
    I'm ordering one myself, as I work at the facility...........I've see the coats, worn one for size (they run a full cut) They have pockets on either side for left and right handed shooter/carry. REAL quality stuff too. Thought I'd pass it on, as it's getting cooler out.
    BTW, I'm sure ANY gun (not just Sigs) will fit the elastic holsters within carry rig.

http://www.sigarms.com/SigStore/Show...?categoryid=52
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

I was disappointed in mine...

With a full sized gun, in my case a SIG P-226, the butt prints rather badly in this jacket. That may be partially my build or the fact that the jacket is not a "loose fit" on me.
    I find that getting to the Velcro seam and then to my gun is much slower than my usual IWB carry.
    Lastly, the elastic has been reported to stretch out in time or rip completely loose.

For the price of the jacket, I was disappointed in it for a CCW purpose. On the other hand though, itís nice and warm!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Lead Moderator
    I see they have added a couple of styles, which are you getting? I keep thinking about it. Maybe some day.........
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    I see they have added a couple of styles, which are you getting? I keep thinking about it. Maybe some day.........
    I'm going to get the dark brown one. the green one is rather odd looking. The lighter one (they have 3, not including the leather one) is too light in color on me. The coats are kinda big (I usually wear somthing bigger) but I'm taking the 2XL as it fit pretty good. While there, I tried several guns in the coat (well what the heck, there's plenty in the wharehouse) and they (a 226, 229, 220, and 1911 GSR ) fitted good, and didn't print. Several other employees also tried on the coats, and they worked pretty good for them.
    All I can say is, the elastic is very heavy material, and seems to pull the guns inward, but maybe after time passes, it might not be as snug. (just a though on what Thumper said above.
    I'm partial to OWB/IWB, shoulder holsters myself, but just wanted to post about the coat, so we all had another option, as leaving a coat on, in a wrm building, makes it pretty obvious that we're CCWing

We had the Sig Coats at are Shop. I'll pass, what if you need to take it off in public? I don't like to hang a coat on the back of a chair or any place with my gun in it. I could go to the rest room and put it in another place, but it seemed like a hassle. If it works for you thats what counts. Good luck stay safe.

Just thought I'd toss the info out there, in case anybody wanted it, or was looking for more carry options. I too would rather carry on my person, instead of a lining in a coat, but it's just another option.

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    Just thought I'd toss the info out there, in case anybody wanted it, or was looking for more carry options. I too would rather carry on my person, instead of a lining in a coat, but it's just another option.
    All advice and help is greatly appreciated!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

I just got the 3/4 length version, in forest green. Its a great coat! I much prefer this to my cheapo Uncle Mikes shoulder holster just for comfort's sake. Just another handy way of carrying...perhaps not the best in all scenarios, but quite useful and comfortable. And its much nicer looking than my last coat! :D

Do you have a good website to order from? I have seen them around online but no place I have looked had all colors and no place had decent pictures of them to get a feel for what the colors look like.

Brennan from Firearms4Less gave me a good deal, discounted from the Sig price and with free, fast shipping...its a small internet shop that specializes in Sig stuff.

http://www.firearms4less.com

Those shorts in the same opening web page look good, must be on a "special winter sale", to be only $59.95. Not bad considering they probably get them from the same people that supply Cabelas.

At Cabelas, though, they go from $14.95 on up to over $20.00, so be very careful...

Caveat Emptor!

Ciao,
    "Cheap Bruce"
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.-- Yoda
    G4W is now, be "Vigilant Always" - Bruce, (vet)USASA, NRA, IDPA, USPSA, IHMSA, & USCCA!

I have the jacket and I love it. It is a great coat, and serves its purpose for CCW. For me, it is just one of several carry options I use.

Quote Originally Posted by nicneufeld View Post
    Brennan from Firearms4Less gave me a good deal, discounted from the Sig price and with free, fast shipping...its a small internet shop that specializes in Sig stuff.

http://www.firearms4less.com
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agencyman View Post
    Those shorts in the same opening web page look good, must be on a "special winter sale", to be only $59.95. Not bad considering they probably get them from the same people that supply Cabelas.

At Cabelas, though, they go from $14.95 on up to over $20.00, so be very careful...

Caveat Emptor!

Ciao,
    "Cheap Bruce"
    Yeah, but its not the Cabela's stuff...all their stuff is from SigArms. The shorts are actually $49, which is what the SigTac store sells, but they do free shipping. I doubt I'd buy them, but I don't think they are ripping them off...nobody is selling SigTac stuff for 15 bucks, really. AFAIK, at least!

VIP Member
    I never realized they had a coat... my experiance above is with their jacket.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links