Crossbreed seconds purchase

This is a discussion on Crossbreed seconds purchase within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm new to this site, although I have been lurking on it for a while, and I'm relatively new to CC. I came across a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thunder71

Thread: Crossbreed seconds purchase

Crossbreed seconds purchase

I'm new to this site, although I have been lurking on it for a while, and I'm relatively new to CC. I came across a holster on Crossbreedseconds.com that I'm interested in, but the cash only thing has me a bit cautious. Not of the site, but of the money getting lost, stolen, etc. How have you guys sent your payments to this address? Thanks for your input and this is a great site.

2. Remove Ads

I've done it twice with no problems, dropped it in my mailbox with the printed invoice. First time took about a week to get the holster, second took about a week and a half.

Did you just send it like a letter, no certified mail or signature required. Nothing special. The reason I ask is that I checked into sending it certified but it was going to cost more than the shipping of the holster and the total amount I'm sending is only 43 dollars. At that point it didn't seem worth it.

Yes, I sent it just like a letter, not certified, no signature. I folded the printed invoice into thirds and put the money in the middle so it didn't show though the envelope. I'm now watching the seconds site for a belt - there's 2 I want but I'm waiting for size/color to come up. I have no qualms about ordering through them again.

Awesome. Thanks for your reply. That takes away some of my paranoia.

I think he should just up the charge 2% and take the funds electronically, sending cash never was and still isn't a good practice, there's no proof and theft is way too easy.

Running a business and accepting cash only is their call, but there are better options.

$45 vs $46 for example, who would bark at that to not have to deal with:
    1. Waiting for the funds to get there for the item to ship.
    2. Not risk losing the cash in the mail.

I agree. I would prefer to send my payment electronically for the small fee rather than hope my payment gets there and hope that nobody ripped me off. Do they send you any kind of confirmation once they get your payment or does your holster just show up a week later?

No confirmation that it arrived.

I know sending cash in the mail is a no no, but honestly I didn't worry too much about it, out of the millions of letters out there what are the odds mine is going to get grabbed? It gave me pause initially, but I decided to give it a shot. The biggest hassle was getting the cash since I never carry the stuff anymore. Sure, I'd prefer electronic for both the speed and the ease of it but at the end of the day they had what I wanted at a price I was happy with so I went for it.

Alright. Well I guess I'll give it a shot. I can relate about not having cash on hand. It's a rare occasion for me.

I sent the cash and got my holster in about a week. I did have some minor anxiety, and I did not buy the CB explanation that it's too much trouble on the low profit seconds to deal with checks and electronic payments. I spent a career dealing with cons; was always amazed that someone would sell out their good-paying job to rip off a few hundred bucks. One clerk, in the right place and with the right knowledge, could pocket several weeks of buyer's cash with what would appear to be little risk.

But, his system has worked so far.........

Or the Postman delivering all the envelops of money. I'm sure that person realizes whats in there. Oh well. If the holster is still up tomorrow I'm gonna chance it.

I was like you at first a bit uneasy about it then I just did it. Never got a conformation or anything and then a week or so later there it was in the mail box. I am going to do it again soon and wont think twice about it.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I've bought several items from them. (No problem whatsoever, and it's a lot faster than ordering "new".)

If you need a little more assurance you can get a "Proof of Delivery" sticker from the post office. They are free (I think) and you can check online to see if your letter/payment makes it.

-

I have 2 holsters from the seconds site. No issues and turn around was pretty fast.

Links