Need a good holster for the gym. - Page 2

Need a good holster for the gym.

This is a discussion on Need a good holster for the gym. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Alright, then, who has advice for swimming pool carry or for sauna carry? I guess some sort of kydex is in order. I wouldn't want ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Need a good holster for the gym.

Alright, then, who has advice for swimming pool carry or for sauna carry?

I guess some sort of kydex is in order. I wouldn't want to ruin nice leather with chlorinated water. It's a bit hard to think of a good place for the holster in my Speedo briefs. Hmm... Maybe 12 o'clock carry? There is already a bulge there. If someone looks at you questioningly, you can always angrily retort, "Stop starring at my junk!"

Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
    I like this idea.
    Trust me, it's much better this way. I'm just upset that it took me that long to think up such a simple solution. A Keltec slapping against your thigh for 10 miles on an exercise bike gets annoying. I was just one that never carried a bag to the gym...I just had to readjust.

People overthink gym carry. Put a 4-5 inch blade in your pocket, and a gun in your bag. Everybody has bags at the gym. Just don't let it out of your sight! I'll pick my bag up to walk the 20 feet to get the spray bottle to hose down the machine or rerack weights instead of just leaving it.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by mb1900 View Post

I guess some sort of kydex is in order. I wouldn't want to ruin nice leather with chlorinated water. It's a bit hard to think of a good place for the holster in my Speedo briefs. Hmm... Maybe 12 o'clock carry? There is already a bulge there. If someone looks at you questioningly, you can always angrily retort, "Stop starring at my junk!"
    I'm not sure if your serious, but I'll have a nice stainless blade on me, and if I feel a firearm is necessary, I ziplock it. If I'm at the beach I do the same thing I do at the gym with a backpack. I just make sure to throughly clean whatever it is I take when I get home. Towel sand, salt etc.

Semi off topic but in these gym, beach etc. close to lots of people scenarios where I plan on only protecting myself not so much other people at range I'd almost rather have a blade. The thing with blades is you just have to have the balls to use it should the need arise. Lots of people don't.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by mb1900 View Post

OC of the "Underwater" Glock? Sorry, couldnt help it.

I would think the very best you could do at a pool is keep it in a backpack. Of course if you want to swim your SOL unless you are comfortable with it being out of your control and reach but in your sight. That of course depends on your local laws. Maybe a pair of cargo shorts over your swim shorts when your out of the water? But again, in the water the weapon would be out of your control.

Sauna seems like an easier solution. A small bag or fanny pack (you dont have to wear it) by your side. Unless it was a targeted hit I cant imagine a gunman starting a shooting spree in a sauna so maybe the gun in a ziploc bag until you hear shots?
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

I wear a PistolWear.com PT-ONE neoprene holster for running and working out. Disappears under a t-shirt. I use a G26 or G19 in mine. Works very well. I highly recommend them.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Check out some of the holsters from www.extremeconcealment.com. They have a variety of options. Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links