Defensive Carry banner

Find me a new holster for my M&P Compact

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  johns381 
#1 ·
Or at least give me your thoughts/comments/experiences on my short list below...

My carry is an M&P40c that rides in a Comp-Tac Infidel. I really love the Infidel, it's a no frills all kydex holster, is comfy goes on and comes off easy, allows for a full grip, has great retention, fast reholstering, has been on many a training course and performs well. People at the range have been impressed with it (usually because they have some cheap floppy thing thats all loosey goosey). Anyway, it's shortfall is that it is not tuckable. I have been using the "shirt tucker" strut for the Infidel but I'd really prefer the clip to be closer to the gun and not be as big (it still sticks out below a bloused shirt).

I'm basically looking for a replacement to the Infidel that is also tuckable - i.e. single belt clip, FBI cant (or adjustable) and easy reholstering (I don't want to deal with collapsing holsters). I'm open to both kydex and leather, given it meets those paramaters.

With that said here is my short list:

1. LaTour IWB. This is the closest thing to the Infidel with a tuckable clip. It does look like it might ride a little low, preventing getting a good grip however, hard to tell w/o seeing it worn. You can see other holsters here. He does make a single clip hybrid IWB that looks interesting.

2. Silent Thunder IWB. Another no frills kydex holster with adustable height and cant. I wonder how much thicker the leather lining makes the holster. The "Solo" holster is a hybrid also looks nice but isn't currently available.

3. McCabe IWB. Nice looking leather & available with a reinforced mouth. Hard to tell from the photos but might ride a little low?

4. ETW IWB. Another great looking holster, I do like the idea of the offset clip (yet still close to the firearm) keeping the bulk down. I could spluge and get an exotic skin as well. The elephant looks nice.

See less See more
#3 ·
I actually have a Remora for it. I like it when I'm lounging around and don't have a belt on (basically shorts and a t-shirt). However I find when I'm "dressed" it tends to slide down against my UA undershirts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.