hip holster suggestions

hip holster suggestions

This is a discussion on hip holster suggestions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am new to this site. I have a S&W .38 with shrouded hammer. I will be carrying it while running. I purchased an UncleMike's ...

Thread: hip holster suggestions

hip holster suggestions

I am new to this site. I have a S&W .38 with shrouded hammer. I will be carrying it while running. I purchased an UncleMike's size 0 open IWB. I don't like how it sits, the barrell pokes my leg as I stride. If it could just angle a bit it would be fine. Does anyone have a suggested holster?

Jen

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Jen that is a tough one -- I would be interested in what you end up getting however. I have a similar problem while cycling and haven't figured out what to do. I don't want to go with a fanny pack and can't figure out how to conceal under a cycling jersey.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Lead Moderator
    maybe a bellyband hoster, or a diffrent rig might work. I am thinking something with adjustable cant. Personally, I have yet to find a comfortable holster for exercising.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Depends on what your wearing. During the summer when my wife an I go walking. I use a Smartcarry holster that work very well for walking. Belt holster with a thumb snap would work very well also.

Check out www.highnoonholsters.com for a number of models including some new ones not made of leather but covers the gun so it won't dig into your side.

Welcome to the forum!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Lead Moderator
    Holsters are kind of a personal thing. What works for one person won't always work for another.

Welcome to the forum.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Thanks for the replies. I visited a local gun shop today and they suggested carrying in a different position--small of the back or more between my hip and belly button. I will try these and see if they might work. Also recommended using a belt. Thanks for again for replying!
    Jen

You might also look at the Camelbak "Goblin" if you're open to a non-belt holster. (Do you actually plan on wearing a gunbelt when running...?) It won't look out of place. Alternately, The Wilderness tactical does a fanny-pack style holster that holds 2 Nalgene bottles.

If you are wearing a belt, Kramer makes this women's-specific holster...

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    when I am outdoors, I use a smartcarry for my SW 642. I usually wear it conventionally or at 3pm. It is great because you can wear exercise attire shorts, sweats, running pants and don't have a wear a belt, plus it is very comfortable and doesn't flop or ride or cause your pants to fall down. I went on a three day bike trip with mine at 3 o'clock and hardly noticed it was there. some people don't like them, but they are worth the money just to have in the holster arsenal, and come with a money back warranty.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. I am thinking about the smartcarry now after experimenting with different positions with the holster I have. The fanny pack is my second choice. AgentX I like the holsters in the picture you posted, but no I wasn't planning on wearing a gun belt running.
    Jen

Sponsored Links