New to IWB carry - Page 2

New to IWB carry

This is a discussion on New to IWB carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love my owb dale fricke holster. Its top notch and have no doubt the iwb would be to. Plus he can customize basically everything ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to IWB carry

I love my owb dale fricke holster. Its top notch and have no doubt the iwb would be to. Plus he can customize basically everything for you. Check out the Zach. Its a super minimalist holster.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

hign noon makes a good IWB holster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    I appendix carry everyday, HOW IN THE WORLD IS IT NOT SECURE??? There is no way some one just "getting close" is going to be able to easily grab my gun first, NO WAY, NOT HAPPENING! I have BOTH hands and arms right there to defend my gun! Where did you come up with this crazy senario? How is someone close enough to touch me, going to be able to reach my gun easier than yours you carry strongside?? Did I mention I have both arms and hands to protect in my carry positon.
    Okay. Never say "never." There are two things to remember here. #1 is draw angle and the draw angle from a strong side position is inherently more difficult for somebody facing you let alone close enough to touch. Even in a KISS, it's going to be more difficult to reach your strong side position than your appendix carry. #2 is the bad guy factor. There are bad guys in the joint who teach how to disarm law enforcement officers so they can use their firearms against them. More cops are killed with their own guns than almost any other method. That's why duty retention courses are so important and why the holster industry makes a lot of money selling those kinds of holsters to police agencies. If you wear such a holster then mea culpa you're covered. Maybe. Where did I come up with this "crazy scenario?" The obituaries. Think about that before you start railing about being nuts. You love that position so much you won't even consider some possible consequences? No skin off MY nose. It's your funeral.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Bear creek makes a great single clip but you can also get a don hume on ebay faster

Quote Originally Posted by 03mossy View Post
    I have been carrying an LCP front pocket for almost 3 years, and while it works just fine I want my pockets back. I have a M&P Shield on the way and would like to move to IWB carry. I work in an office and wear dress slacks and a dress shirt or polo type shirt tucked in everyday. I think I would like a single clip version over duel clips like a crossbred for ease of taking off and on. I am leaning towards a mccabe IWB or a N82tactical "professonal" . Any recomendations between them? I also keep seeing recomendations on Ramora holsters. What do you experts think would be the best route for a person new to IWB?
    I've been carrying IWB for 3 years and just started pocket carrying this year with a Sig P238 and P938 in an Uncle Mikes size 3 pocket holster for the 9 and Talon Wallet for the P238.

For IWB, it's a matter of personal preference. First of all, you need to upsize your pants, if you choose to carry IWB. Next you need a Gun Belt to be able to hold the gun and holster. That may be an issue with slacks. Khakis are fine because they accommodate for wider belts. Dress belts are too thin and lightweight. They're not ideal.

Now, you can easily conceal the LCP Appendix carry in a Galco Stow N Go, a wallet holster (back pocket), IWB in a Crossbreed (Single Clip) at 3:00-5:00 (whatever feels right. The Stow N Go is not really tuckable. Your LCP or even the Shield can be carried in an Ankle Holster.

I like the tuckable holsters, myself. Sure the two clips show, but if have something like a phone holster, most people won't even notice. I've had feedback from my inner circle that ALL people don't realize that I'm carrying a pistol or two unless I tell them so. I don't like the Cross on a CBST because it does draw attention, more than a black clip. I have used Crossbreed Supertucks but replaced the clip with a steel one or use Shielded Holsters Phalanx for my Glocks and Revolvers (www.shieldedholsters.com).
    NRA, Lifetime Member

I thought I would give this a quick update. I still don't have my Shield but I was so curious about the Remora I ordered one for my LCP. As soon as I got it I tried it with my unloaded LCP in a pair of gym shorts and a teeshirt around the house and yard. WOW!!!! Its amazing how well that thing stays put. I ran around playing with the kids (on the slide, swings, sandbox, wrestling). I wanted to do any manuver possible with it unloaded to test it before I carried it loaded. and it passed with flying colors! I did not get the tuckable version so I can't use it for work cause my shirt needs to be tucked in but for everything else I have been using it and love it. One negative would be it is not as good as my old holster for pocket carry.

Quote Originally Posted by GaJoe1950 View Post
    I wear a Stoner tuckable IWB with my Beretta Nano and it's very comfortable. If anyone asks me about the clip on my belt I just tell them it's for my colostomy bag and they don't usually inquire further.

Stoner 415 In-The-Waistband with Body Shield [415] - $48.00 : Stoner Holsters, The Right Holster for Your Gun
    I like this holster! Hope they can make for my CM9.

I bought the desantis mini-scabbard for my shield. They had it locally, it is owb and leather. It is a very nice holster and owb is not hard to conceal with a decent shirt covering. (especially the shield, being so small). http://www.desantisholster.com/desan...ini-scabbardae

Riley, does that desantis mini have a sweat shield?

03mossy,
    Lots of good suggestions so far, but I'll add a few thoughts, as well. I have 2 single clip holsters, a Sideguard Holsters "Tuck Clip" that I use for a Kahr CW45 Side Guard Holsters - IWB Leather Holsters and a "Southern Sidekick" from R Grizzle Leather Holsters by RGrizzle that I use for a Kel-Tec PF9. I agree w/ you that a single clip holster can be more convenient. Heavier guns may not be stable w/ single clip holsters, but a lighter gun (like your Shield) should be fine w/ a well made and well designed single clip holster. I recently wore my CW45 all day working on deer stands w/o it budging a bit.

After trying different styles, I prefer a single clip holster to have some degree of cant (the "Tuck Clip" has a 15 degree cant) and an offset clip (like the "Tuck Clip"). The gun/holser package seems a little thinner to me if the holster has an offset clip compared to a holster w/ a clip in line w/ the body of the gun. The McCabe is a fine looking holster. I'm sure the n82 is also a good holster, but I prefer leather as opposed to sythetic.

I've yet to have anyone comment on the clip(s). If the shirt is bloused some, the clip is inconspicuous.

No, no sweat shield. The leather folds over and makes the belt loops. I wear a tshirt under and an overshirt out. It was like wearing a large phone. Very comfortable.

Looking at the Brigade M-11 right now......for G-19

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links