New to IWB carry

This is a discussion on New to IWB carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been carrying an LCP front pocket for almost 3 years, and while it works just fine I want my pockets back. I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to IWB carry

New to IWB carry

I have been carrying an LCP front pocket for almost 3 years, and while it works just fine I want my pockets back. I have a M&P Shield on the way and would like to move to IWB carry. I work in an office and wear dress slacks and a dress shirt or polo type shirt tucked in everyday. I think I would like a single clip version over duel clips like a crossbred for ease of taking off and on. I am leaning towards a mccabe IWB or a N82tactical "professonal" . Any recomendations between them? I also keep seeing recomendations on Ramora holsters. What do you experts think would be the best route for a person new to IWB?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I've been very happy with both my N82 tuckable (when tucked in) and a Remora (when not tucked in). I haven't tried the Remora tuckable, but I'm considering one.
    Probably can't go too far wrong with either of those.. both very confortable. The Remora has the +1 for those times you don't want to wear a stiff belt... I use mine with draw-string sweat pants without problems.

Best of luck with whatever you choose.... but if you're like most of us you'll eventually have a drawer full of holsters :)

Oh.. and welcome to the forums :)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

What do you experts think would be the best route for a person new to IWB?
    If you're looking for expert's opinions, then you might consult the yellow pages and get out your check book.

Tucked in shirt and any clip is going to show...give you away, and work on your self-confidence IMO. Since you mentioned the Remora holsters (and I'm a fan myself)......have you given any thought to what position you'd like to carry? Ever thought about appendix? (front pocket is close). Anyway. Let me know if you're going to be serious about giving the Remora holster a try. Just PM me anytime.
    Welcome to the club, and welcome to carrying. Your life should never be the same again.

+1 for appendix carry. get a mic holster and a clip draw.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

for appendix carry google ultimant concealed carry there holsters are below the bend point allowing you to sit.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm still going through and looking at all the options and the more i look, the more options seem to pop up.

Ram rod -I sent you a pm this morning about the Ramora holsters.

Check out the video on YouTube of the Fusion holster by TactiPac holster & check out their web site. I just sent away for one for my XD40 gun great idea for IWB carry

I realize you are leaning toward a single clip solution but since it was mentioned that the clip will show I thought I'd throw out another option:
    Comp-tac MTAC with V-Clips and velcro insert on your gun belt. This solution eliminates the visibility of over the belt clips.

Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster
    Gun Belts by The Belt Man: Velcro Strip What's This? | tel. (919) 387-1997

Velcro-Clips-New.jpg

While I am not familiar with the ones you mentioned, I do tuck every day in a dress shirt and suit pants. I use Minotaur with a M&P Compact 9. Just got the shield and I just bought another MTAC for it. I can set my clips right next to my belt loops and they just disappear.

I use an Old Faithful IWB. While I haven't tried it with shirt tucked in, the holster is very comfortable. Dual clip, but If you wanted to you could probably color the clips to a flat color so as not to give away too much.

For the most concealable, comfortable IWB rig in the world this is the only brand IMHO, YMMV: CrossBreed Holsters > Home I hate appendix carry for a number of reasons, not the least of which is security to the weapon itself, like a cross draw, somebody who get's close to you -- close enough to touch -- is close enough to reach your gun and draw it FIRST. That would be very, very B-A-D. CROSSBREED has an unbeatable deal: They'll let you try it risk free for TWO WEEKS and if you don't like it return it for a 100% refund. Their Super Tuck Deluxe is extremely tuck able, in fact was the first of the type, IIRC.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I wear a Stoner tuckable IWB with my Beretta Nano and it's very comfortable. If anyone asks me about the clip on my belt I just tell them it's for my colostomy bag and they don't usually inquire further.

Stoner 415 In-The-Waistband with Body Shield [415] - $48.00 : Stoner Holsters, The Right Holster for Your Gun
    GaJoe1950

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    For the most concealable, comfortable IWB rig in the world this is the only brand IMHO, YMMV: CrossBreed Holsters > Home I hate appendix carry for a number of reasons, not the least of which is security to the weapon itself, like a cross draw, somebody who get's close to you -- close enough to touch -- is close enough to reach your gun and draw it FIRST. That would be very, very B-A-D. CROSSBREED has an unbeatable deal: They'll let you try it risk free for TWO WEEKS and if you don't like it return it for a 100% refund. Their Super Tuck Deluxe is extremely tuck able, in fact was the first of the type, IIRC.

And you can get the Velcro clips which make it disappear for next to nothing.

If you are interested hit uphttp://www.crossbreedseconds.com/
    You can get one heck of a deal, the “blemish” I ordered (third crossbreed by the
    way) well I could not find the blemish….

Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    I appendix carry everyday, HOW IN THE WORLD IS IT NOT SECURE??? There is no way some one just "getting close" is going to be able to easily grab my gun first, NO WAY, NOT HAPPENING! I have BOTH hands and arms right there to defend my gun! Where did you come up with this crazy senario? How is someone close enough to touch me, going to be able to reach my gun easier than yours you carry strongside?? Did I mention I have both arms and hands to protect in my carry positon.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    I appendix carry everyday, HOW IN THE WORLD IS IT NOT SECURE??? There is no way some one just "getting close" is going to be able to easily grab my gun first, NO WAY, NOT HAPPENING! I have BOTH hands and arms right there to defend my gun! Where did you come up with this crazy senario? How is someone close enough to touch me, going to be able to reach my gun easier than yours you carry strongside?? Did I mention I have both arms and hands to protect in my carry positon.
    Did role playing during a self-defense class. Can someone get too close and grab your weapon on the opposite side of your strong hold....yeah. Just my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links