Old Faithful holsters?

This is a discussion on Old Faithful holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just received the 2 I ordered. They were easy to put together, good materials and confortable to wear. The price is awesome also. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Faithful holsters?

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I just received the 2 I ordered. They were easy to put together, good materials and confortable to wear. The price is awesome also. I am wearing my bigger Beretta px4 C (15+1)more often now where I could not before since this holster makes it easier to hide it. I got the horsehide also (Florida Summers). By the way, they told me it will take 2 weeks and that's what it took. I recommend them.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    Holster came in today. stage 3 took about 20 mins to install.

I'm wearing it today (for five seven) all day to help break the leather in, and shape it. it's pretty nice. very thick kydex! lol

one thing I would have liked if it was slightly bent on the edges of the kydex. because the kydex is so large, it ends up being the only straight piece on the holster since the leather conforms to the body. if it had like a 10 degree cant on the edges, it would have formed better...

I might have to do that myself with a blow drier
    taseal,youre on the right track about curving the kydex.The leather has no problem curving but the kydex needs help.I modified the assembling of mine by putting it together with the gun in it and having it curved to my waist as I marked the location of the kydex mounting holes.Similiar to the way a saddle is built to a specific horse,you being the horse.This made a huge improvement in comfort.

I got mine and sold it with the gun I bought it for 2 days later... this style is not for me. Tried Crossbreed first because of all of the hoola over it, sold it right away - just hated it... this one was better, but still way too much effort to put on and take off for this guy. Comfort level was OK, would probably get better over time.

Received the Old Faithful holster kit week or so ago:

First I love the idea of the kit as it allows anyone halfway handy to save a few dollars.

Quality: High quality parts = high quality holster when put together properly.

Fit and comfort: The holster fits well and is pretty comfortable without the gun inserted, and I imagine it would also be fine if I could get the desired amount of cant........ but I can't. I have the holster set to maximum cant and it still is not enough.

I like everything about this holster except the lack of cant adjustment for my tastes. If you think that you like more cant than the average person, this holster may not be for you, otherwise highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Denardus View Post

First I love the idea of the kit as it allows anyone halfway handy to save a few dollars.

Fit and comfort: The holster fits well and is pretty comfortable without the gun inserted, and I imagine it would also be fine if I could get the desired amount of cant........ but I can't. I have the holster set to maximum cant and it still is not enough.

I like everything about this holster except the lack of cant adjustment for my tastes. If you think that you like more cant than the average person, this holster may not be for you, otherwise highly recommended.
    My stage 3 kit should be here today... I've been saying that for 3 days now as I've watched it stuck in the Greensboro sort facility for 3 days... but I digress.

I think that if you go with a stage 2 kit, you have to punch/drill the holes in the leather for the kydex, thereby being able to set the cant at any degree you'd like. Just a thought.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanadon View Post
    My stage 3 kit should be here today... I've been saying that for 3 days now as I've watched it stuck in the Greensboro sort facility for 3 days... but I digress.

I think that if you go with a stage 2 kit, you have to punch/drill the holes in the leather for the kydex, thereby being able to set the cant at any degree you'd like. Just a thought.
    Tracking numbers are great, but can cause frustration by not seeing movement......... My Instructor belt was on the UPS truck and out for delivery at 5:50 am yesterday.......... it was dropped at my door at 7:00 pm last night, I think I wore out the door hinges yesterday as I continually checked to see if it was there :-)

Thanks for the info on the Stage II.

-Moe

I've got three Old Faithful holsters that work great. What are you carrying and at what position, (ex. 4 o'clock, etc) that you don't find it enough?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    ... By the way, they told me it will take 2 weeks and that's what it took. I recommend them.
    3 weeks and still waiting.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo411 View Post
    I've got three Old Faithful holsters that work great. What are you carrying and at what position, (ex. 4 o'clock, etc) that you don't find it enough?
    G19 ~ 4:00 to 4:30

I bought one for my old Glock 27. I bought the kit with the kydex molded, but I had to assemble it. Pretty easy. I have since sold the Glock and am carrying a Sig Sauer SP2022. I ordered a replaceable molded kydex sheet, which I had to cut and drill holes. That was pretty easy with a dremel. And now I have a holster for two guns, when I buy a new Glock 26.

522604_3287368066138_1353326691_n.jpgphoto (2).jpg

I've ordered two holsters from them and they absolutely rock. Great product. I will buy more.
    "If it bleeds...we can kill it." -Dutch, Predator

G19 ~ 4:00 to 4:30
    Well you have a great ccw gun and carry at a standard position. I also assume you repositioned the clips so they're in opposing holes to maximize cant.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo411 View Post
    Well you have a great ccw gun and carry at a standard position. I also assume you repositioned the clips so they're in opposing holes to maximize cant.
    Thanks, I've had the 19 for years and really like it, will be getting a 26 soon. Yup, have the holes opposite to get the most cant that I can. It's almost as if there was only one more hole on each side, it might be where I like it.

Thinking about, it it might not be fair to Old Faithful because I don't know if other similar holsters would offer me the cant i'm looking for either......... I just might like extreme cant. I'm thinking I might run to Tandy leather and by a chuck of nice leather and remake the leather piece giving me more adjustment. That's another great thing about the holster, because of the way it is made to be built, you can tinker with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links