Old Faithful holsters?

This is a discussion on Old Faithful holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wanted to get a IWB holster for my FN 5.7 because I want to start carrying it... anyawys. I was going to get a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Old Faithful holsters?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Array taseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    907

    Old Faithful holsters?

    I wanted to get a IWB holster for my FN 5.7 because I want to start carrying it...

    anyawys. I was going to get a White Hat Holster because I was very pleased with them from my last purchase (for MP9C with C5L)

    I've been putting it off for some reason now (thinking the five seven might be too large to carry maybe, and I couldn't decide if I wantd to put a X5L on it)

    While looking around today, I found out that this company Old Faithful Holsters offers a kit that you can put together yourself and save some cash. They also had a very reasonable turn around time, and very nice 20% military discount too.

    I figured I give it a try. if I didn't like it, I would just learn from my experience.

    I don't see much about them compared to crossbreed and white hat here, so I wanted to ask people's opinion of them...

    I live in FL and it's humid here, plus I sweat alot. so I prefer horsehide. apparently Old's cowhide is wax/sealed or something and doesn't absorb sweat like regular cowhide? and their kydex is much thicker, which is good. that was another reason it didn't sound too bad.

    Can't beat a quality holster for 40 bucks shipped I figured?

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    VIP Member Array Thunder71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,512
    I have one ordered, but it hasn't arrived yet... heard nothing but good things about them though, and the guarantee can't be beat!

  4. #3
    Member Array broknindarkagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    462
    I just got my old failthful holster the other day. I wrote a review on it

    Old Faithful Holster Review
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

    Smith & Wesson M&P9c

  5. #4
    Senior Member Array taseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    907
    Thanks Dark!!!

  6. #5
    Member Array Denster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    158
    Old Faithful uses bridle leather. It is hot stuffed at the tannery with waxes and tallows which gives it a nice hand and finish also somewhat resistant to moisture.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Array taseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by Denster View Post
    Old Faithful uses bridle leather. It is hot stuffed at the tannery with waxes and tallows which gives it a nice hand and finish also somewhat resistant to moisture.
    Yeah I saw that on their youtube comparasion video.

  8. #7
    Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    473
    I am extremely satisfied with mine.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

  9. #8
    Member Array Buckeyenomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Northwest Oho
    Posts
    42
    I built a holster from Old Faithful for my Sig Sauer and love it. I'll probably order another for a different carry gun. The price is right especially if you have a few skills and can finish it yourself.

  10. #9
    Senior Member Array taseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenomad View Post
    I built a holster from Old Faithful for my Sig Sauer and love it. I'll probably order another for a different carry gun. The price is right especially if you have a few skills and can finish it yourself.
    It looks like the only skill you need is hitting an object with a hammer, and turning a screwdriver. lol

  11. #10
    Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Posts
    1,028
    As I am replying to this thread I've got my Old Faithful tucked in my waistband with my M&P. I like it a lot.
    .

    Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

    pb

  12. #11
    Senior Member Array taseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    907
    Holster came in today. stage 3 took about 20 mins to install.

    I'm wearing it today (for five seven) all day to help break the leather in, and shape it. it's pretty nice. very thick kydex! lol

    one thing I would have liked if it was slightly bent on the edges of the kydex. because the kydex is so large, it ends up being the only straight piece on the holster since the leather conforms to the body. if it had like a 10 degree cant on the edges, it would have formed better...

    I might have to do that myself with a blow drier

  13. #12
    Member Array stimpee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Parrish, FL
    Posts
    46
    I just posted some blather on the Old Faithful in this thread: Best holster for a Walther PPS 9mm

    I have had mine for 4+ months and love it. I bought the Stage 3/premium kit and have been thrilled. I wore mine several times out doing yardwork (FL Gulf coast + yardwork = sweat) and the thing has broken in VERY nicely. As far as I am concerned it is the equal of the Crossbreed or Comp-Tac at roughly half the price.

    I still need to buy myself a really solid gun belt though...

    Steve

  14. #13
    Senior Member Array taseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
    I just posted some blather on the Old Faithful in this thread: Best holster for a Walther PPS 9mm

    I have had mine for 4+ months and love it. I bought the Stage 3/premium kit and have been thrilled. I wore mine several times out doing yardwork (FL Gulf coast + yardwork = sweat) and the thing has broken in VERY nicely. As far as I am concerned it is the equal of the Crossbreed or Comp-Tac at roughly half the price.

    I still need to buy myself a really solid gun belt though...

    Steve
    5.11 leather belt is very nice. it's affordable and very stiff. I replace mine every year and it works

  15. #14
    VIP Member Array ghost tracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ky Backwoods
    Posts
    4,352
    Dang, I read the thread title & thought we were gonna' discuss seasoned, durable, reliable holsters that had become our own personal "Old Faithful". I was primed and ready to tell y'all youngins' about Milt Sparks & Bucheimer and how those newfangled, fancy-schmancy, hybrid plastic doo-dad holsters were completely against the laws of God & nature. Now, I gotta'...go order one! Thanks gents!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

  16. #15
    Senior Member Array taseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Dang, I read the thread title & thought we were gonna' discuss seasoned, durable, reliable holsters that had become our own personal "Old Faithful". I was primed and ready to tell y'all youngins' about Milt Sparks & Bucheimer and how those newfangled, fancy-schmancy, hybrid plastic doo-dad holsters were completely against the laws of God & nature. Now, I gotta'...go order one! Thanks gents!
    lol...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

old faithful holster
,
old faithful holster kit review
,
old faithful holster review
,

old faithful holsters

,
old faithful holsters discount code
,
old faithful holsters review
,
old faithful holsters vs crossbreed
,
old faithful vs crossbreed
,
old faithful vs white hat
,
white hat holster review
,
white hat holsters review
,
white hat holsters vs old faithful holsters
Click on a term to search for related topics.